return
end

sDevices = utils.getMidiInputDevices()
return sDevices:contains("Pro 2", true)
end

Re: We need a great Pro 2 editor & librarian
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2016, 07:52:43 AM »
Thanks Andy!
I was just typing that it could be a difference between the Ctrlr Mac and PC versions...
Thanks for finding the issue. I'll adapt the code of my function.

About Ctrlr, well, indeed it has been very tough sometimes... :-\

8)
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2016, 08:02:53 AM »
The StringArray that is returned by getMidiInputDevices() is an extension in c++, my guess is the versions are different on the PC and OSX. Or the one on OSX is buggy maybe.

OSX seems to have been left behind a while ago by ctrlr!

I can now load a sysex file and send it to the P2 and all works fine :)

I'm a bit confused by the bank and program knobs, should they change bank and program on the P2?

Also the graphical Wave selectors on the oscillators are not working, they update from the P2 but don't update the P2.

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2016, 09:44:08 AM »
I'm a bit confused by the bank and program knobs, should they change bank and program on the P2?
No, the philosophy I took is that you must first receive your banks in Programs Library tab to make them available in the main Load and Save buttons.
So, you load a sysex or Ux from loaded bank or Fx from the synth then you can save it at different places.
I can implement direct Bank/Program change buttons later if people want it

Also the graphical Wave selectors on the oscillators are not working, they update from the P2 but don't update the P2.
Works also fine on my side (I knew it but I just retested it again now for the 4 oscillators).
Strange that it works when coming from the synth and not when you change on the panel...
Another Mac/PC difference?
Did you try switching the Osc On/Off?
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2016, 12:59:59 AM »
downloaded the new version and works almost perfectly!! so far all the parameters are fine! The only problem is the transmission of some presets, strangely mainly from user 1 bank, but the editor is awesome! Absolutely fantastic job|!

Sorry for the delay - will try tonight!

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2016, 05:49:50 AM »
Ahh, Lua!
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »
Hm, I can't for the life of me get this working at all now.
Globals 100% set up correctly. Ctrlr set up correctly.

No updates on the Pro2 when I change something on-screen
No updates on screen when I change something on the Pro-2

Ctrlr is the latest version as of today. Pro-2 is latest firmware as well.

I get the following error when I load one of the patches you supplied...

EDIT: I've figured out why it's doing that. For some reason every time I start ctrlr it sets my Pro-2 to midi channel 3 and messes up some other options. I also downgraded CTRLR and that seems to have allowed input/output to work.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:46:37 PM by binman_uk »

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2016, 04:28:49 PM »
Will be testing this extensively very soon. Thanks again for all the hard work on it :)

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:27 AM »
Hm, I can't for the life of me get this working at all now.

Just to be sure... Are you using a Mac or PC?
If Mac, then I got an error reported by BobTheDog (see below) and I'll publish 0.27 tonight that should fix it.
Otherwise, we can exchange PMs or meet on the Ctrlr forum chat at an agreed time

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2016, 02:25:12 AM »
v0.27 published - http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/. It includes the correction of the issue identified by BobTheDog (thx!) for Mac users.
No other change so PC users do not need to download this one...

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »
For those interested I have now released the v1.00 of the Ctrlr Pro2 editor.
http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/

Added:
- Compare button
- Programs info tab: list/export current values, saved values, current and saved values, differences only, full comparison of two programs, differences between two programs
In the pipe: categories, availability as VST, morphing between 2 programs and random patch generator...
Have fun with this fantastic synth!

GBP

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »
You did a very cool Job. Yeah! Thank you very very very very very much.

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »
You did a very cool Job. Yeah! Thank you very very very very very much.
Thank you  8)

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2017, 01:57:03 AM »
For those interested I have now released the v1.00 of the Ctrlr Pro2 editor.
http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/

Added:
- Compare button
- Programs info tab: list/export current values, saved values, current and saved values, differences only, full comparison of two programs, differences between two programs
In the pipe: categories, availability as VST, morphing between 2 programs and random patch generator...
Have fun with this fantastic synth!

Great work thanks! Will this work as a plugin too?

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2017, 02:23:14 AM »
Great work thanks! Will this work as a plugin too?

I'll check this now (was on my table since some time...).
What I already did was to have Ctrlr as plugin (Ctrlr-VST-Win32.dll in your vstplugins directory) and then load the panel.
What I will check now is to have the Pro2 panel as Ctrlr-Pro2.dll file.

Question: what is needed to be a good plugin? WHat would be the difference between loading the panel in a Ctrrlr plugin or having the panel directly as plugin?

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2017, 11:24:14 AM »
(copying this from what I posted on the FB Pro2 users group; will also be copied in Prophet 12 forum)

As some of you may know I have built a free Pro2 editor/librarian Ctrlr panel. Some people asked me to make a P12 version of it and I have someone testing it as I don't have a Prophet 12.
This gave me the opportunity to build a way to load Prophet 12 sounds into the Pro2 panel.
Tbh, it works nice and you get nice sounds BUT I'd like to get help on actually comparing those sounds with the original ones. For example I think that I should reduce Delay 4 amount or just set it to 0 as on the Pro2 it is BBD and not on the Prophet 12. As the Prophet 12 has less features than the Pro2, most of the other stuff are quite OK.

Btw, still wishing DSI will do a new hybrid mixing OB6 and poly Pro2 in one nice synth ("JD-XA on steroids"). One can always dream ;)

So, please contact me if you are the happy owner of the Pro2 and a Prophet 12 and if you are willing to help me with those comparisons and adjustement tests.

For the others: I'm preparing a version 2.0 of the Pro2 panel. It will correct some minor mistakes, add inverted envelopes, load P12 programs and banks, categories management and program randomizer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:28:37 AM by goodweather »