We need a great Pro 2 editor & librarian

sofine

Re: We need a great Pro 2 editor & librarian
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2016, 01:45:33 AM »
D-Day is there...
The panel is ready and you can download it at http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/
You will find installation instructions and guidance in the manual included in the zip file.
I published it as v0.25 beta version and I propose to stay in beta during 3 months in order to gather your feedback and make corrections/improvements.

8)

Thanks for your work on this. I will try it out over the coming days and compare it to the Soundtower editor that I use occasionally.

BTW, there happens to be good weather here to day in Ireland (a rare thing) - goodweather = good weather = downloaded editor - coincidence, I think not  8)

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2016, 01:55:54 AM »
D-Day is there...
The panel is ready and you can download it at http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/
You will find installation instructions and guidance in the manual included in the zip file.
I published it as v0.25 beta version and I propose to stay in beta during 3 months in order to gather your feedback and make corrections/improvements.

8)

Legend. This is my Tuesday night sorted then!
I'll keep a log of any issues and will report back.

Much appreciated.

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2016, 02:10:44 AM »
Thanks for this.

When loading I get an error as in the attached image.

The controller then appears, I set the midi up and get nothing sent to the P2 and nothing received.

The Ctrlr log is empty.

The Ctrlr midi monitor shows no messages.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:16:58 AM by BobTheDog »

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2016, 02:31:18 AM »
Another update:

After loading another Ctrlr panel and getting that to work the P2 panel started working!

I'm probably being a numptie but I can't work out how to get the patch on the P2 synced to the panel though.

The Bank, Program, Load, Save and Rename seem to have no effect.

The "Programs Library" is empty.

The program always reads "U-P0 SquareBass".

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2016, 08:59:48 AM »
Thank you for your generous work on this editor. Very excited to get working with it.

I am using a Nektar Panorama P6 as MIDI controller. This is connected to my computer via USB, as is the Pro 2.

In Ctrlr, I have:

Input Device set as Pro 2, MIDI channel 2
Controller Device is Panorama P6, MIDI channel 0
Output Device is Pro 2, MIDI channel 2

Is this correct? Should I be able to play the Pro 2 from the Panorama while Ctrlr is open? I have set the global parameters on the Pro 2 as instructed in the PDF. Thank you.

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2016, 09:07:33 AM »
Another update:

After loading another Ctrlr panel and getting that to work the P2 panel started working!

I'm probably being a numptie but I can't work out how to get the patch on the P2 synced to the panel though.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,
 already sent you a PM for your previous message...
I tested all of this from a completely fresh installation of Ctrlr and the Pro2 panel on a new PC and didn't get any issue...
Did you follow the installation instructions that I wrote in the manual?
From which point do you start seeing differences/issues?

Sorry for the inconvenience...Dominique
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2016, 09:47:47 AM »
Thanks for this.

When loading I get an error as in the attached image.

The controller then appears, I set the midi up and get nothing sent to the P2 and nothing received.

The Ctrlr log is empty.

The Ctrlr midi monitor shows no messages.

OK. It is strange I didn't get this message when testing a new installation but I think I could find the reason.
My PackDsiData has been executed at panel load when there was nothing because I didn't have a classical if condition to avoid this at the beginning of the function (all functions must have this). So, I have now added this test and hopefully it should be better.
Ctrlr is still a mystery on many points as there is no documentation and just a forum.
I wrote a Step by Step guide but there is still a lot to learn...

I'll wait a few more feedbacks to post the 0.26
Meanwhile I will add the Glide parameters...
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2016, 01:43:28 PM »
Corrected/modified today:
  • FM and AM intervals are 0-255 and not 127 (was just a display issue)
  • Added test at beginning of PackDsiData to avoid issues at panel load (forgotten in that function)
  • Glide mode combo added (was not forgotten - see manual - but did it now...)

Will publish those changes after a few more user's feedback...

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2016, 01:48:48 AM »
Another update:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,
 already sent you a PM for your previous message...
I tested all of this from a completely fresh installation of Ctrlr and the Pro2 panel on a new PC and didn't get any issue...
Did you follow the installation instructions that I wrote in the manual?
From which point do you start seeing differences/issues?

Sorry for the inconvenience...Dominique

No need to be sorry, it's very good of you to have done this for us all. I can imagine the time it took!

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »
Hello Goodweather! first of all this looks absolutely fantastic , just wow! Now , i'm on cubase 64 bit and i get the same message of bobthedog . Here the screenshot. Thats said i have the editor partially working. The nrpn msgs work fine, but (i guess) sysex don't. I set it up the setting correctly and installed the fonts. For example, changing the waveforms from the graphic selection windows doesn't have any effect, same thing for the graphic envelopes , but they don't even move. Also i cannot load programs from the pro2. Any ideas on what could be the problem? Btw thx again, awesome job!

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »
Hi all,
 as I said, thx for your trust and sorry for the inconveniences. I can assure you this panel works fine...
BobTheDog is using a Mac. Are you also using a Mac? Don't know if this could be linked...

Anyway, I made some corrections (see below) and hopefully the message you get should disappear.

Please download the 0.26.
You don't need to re-install the font of course. Just replace the panel, redo your Midi settings and save as .panel as described in the manual.

First time I'm publishing some software solution... Well, now I understand it is not easy to reproduce all situations the users can have... We will find solutions and it will work. Just a matter of patience and fight...

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2016, 08:17:43 AM »
hi goodweather, i'll try with the new version , i'm on pc btw. what version of ctrlr are you using?thx a lo again

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:27 AM »
downloaded the new version and works almost perfectly!! so far all the parameters are fine! The only problem is the transmission of some presets, strangely mainly from user 1 bank, but the editor is awesome! Absolutely fantastic job|!

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2016, 03:45:39 AM »
downloaded the new version and works almost perfectly!! so far all the parameters are fine! The only problem is the transmission of some presets, strangely mainly from user 1 bank, but the editor is awesome! Absolutely fantastic job|!

You can't imagine how good it is to read your feedback. I started to be somewhat anxious...
If you have a PC then you are in the same situation as me and at least we can fine tune. Good!!!
I tested from scratch a different PC with a download of the latest Ctrlr version and we have Windows 10.

Can you please send me in PM the things you are doing with User1 bank in order to come to some issues?
I will also have some look myself. Maybe a typo... Most of the time all Ux banks are treated exactly the same way...

Have a nice w-e... 8)

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2016, 08:28:57 AM »
Hi,

Just given the new version a go. The initial error on load has now gone :)

When trying to load presets though I get an error as shown in the attached image.

Cheers

Andy

« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »
Hi man, just getting version 0.26 running now. First impressions are that most things seem to work but when I cycle through the waves using the editor it doesn't seem to change on the synth?

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2016, 02:10:20 AM »
Hi man, just getting version 0.26 running now. First impressions are that most things seem to work but when I cycle through the waves using the editor it doesn't seem to change on the synth?

Hi! Different things to check...
When you get this behaviour, it is usually not only the wave shapes but all params not acting bidirectional. Way to solve it: close panel, close Ctrlr, switch Pro2 OFF then ON then restart Ctrlr and panel. Maybe it is not needed to close the panel and you can directly close Ctrlr.
Other things you can check are the Global parameters settings especially the Midi channel.
PLease try again and let me know  8)

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2016, 02:19:14 AM »
When trying to load presets though I get an error as shown in the attached image.

Hi Andy,

we have indeed solved that panel started issue  :)

As you can see the error messages are quite cryptic...
I don't have a method strictly called "get" in that Load_OnChange method...  ???

So, can you please describe me the situation when you are getting this error?
  • do you have banks loaded and from which bank are you trying to load?
  • did you try the single .syx programs I provided in the zip file?
  • did you try the bank .syx I provided in the zip file?

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2016, 07:09:16 AM »
Hi,

I had a look through the code, hampered by the fact the debugger doesn't work and there is no global find!

Your problem is here:

Code: [Select]
isPro2InDevices = function()

-- No action if the panel is in bootstrap or program states
if not isPanelReady() then
return
end

sDevices = utils.getMidiInputDevices()

for i=0, sDevices:size()-1 do
if tostring(sDevices:get(i))=="Pro 2" then
return (true)
end
end

return (false)
end

if tostring(sDevices:get(i))=="Pro 2" then

That is the line that fails, if you change it to:

Code: [Select]
isPro2InDevices = function()

-- No action if the panel is in bootstrap or program states
if not isPanelReady() then
return
end

sDevices = utils.getMidiInputDevices()

for i=0, sDevices:size()-1 do
if tostring(sDevices[i])=="Pro 2" then
return (true)
end
end

return (false)

end

It then works.

Having just spent a little time with ctrl you must be an Angel to have created this stuff as it is a nightmare to use, just awful!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:10:56 AM by BobTheDog »

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2016, 07:27:20 AM »
Actually that fixed the overload message but the code doesn't work, looking into it...