C15 coming soon - Available March

C15 coming soon - Available March
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:18:22 AM »
The C15 from Stephan Schmitt (Reaktor fame) is coming soon...

http://nonlinearlabs.de/product/demo/demo.html

chysn

Re: C15 coming soon - Available March
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »
What an amazingly gorgeous-looking instrument that is.

They seem to have taken the Little Phatty style interface to an absurd extreme, with a billion buttons and one knob. But then the browser-based mobile interface is such a cool idea that should become a model for How To Do Things.

I love to see things like this that bring an orgy of new ideas to the table. But, you know what, I haven't listened to how it sounds yet.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 03:10:20 AM »
Except no Midi. It seems like a pretty limited instrument and the sounds are mediocre. For the price you may as well get a Montage or daisy chain a bunch of DXRefaces

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
I think it sounds good, it's different.

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 03:44:26 AM »
I think it sounds good, it's different.

It's different for sure. It's not so much the sound that bothers me it's the fact it doesn't have Midi support.

It looks great but with a sequencer and midi it could have almost become a new Synclavier (minus the sampling of course).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:46:03 AM by LoboLives »

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 04:20:16 AM »
It has some new fangled high resolution time&space based way of control, I guess they will have something that sits on the computer to convert midi to this format.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 04:21:45 AM »
It has some new fangled high resolution time&space based way of control, I guess they will have something that sits on the computer to convert midi to this format.
Could simply be MIDI over Ethernet.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 11:32:18 PM »
I agree this looks good and inviting. They have a taken an intentionally different approach to the physical interface. Nicely crafted unlike the typical plastic cost reduced toy instruments that are more common these days. Demos sound good too.

The buttons and labels look a little small. Maybe. Although not small like blended buttons you find on some Japanese gear. But obviously as pointed out this is designed knob twiddling in the GUI on your tablet or computer. The tablet/computer GUI is effective. But I was more excited by the block diagram of their synth engine than with what looks to me a bland and minimalist GUI.

Always good to see and try new design ideas though. They can engage users differently to inspire new creations; and lead you to new work processes.