Pro-2 - Two reproducible crashes

NLB

Pro-2 - Two reproducible crashes
« on: January 31, 2017, 08:17:15 AM »
Hello!

I've experienced two reproducible crashes recently and thought I should call them in. I didn't see a bug report thread. Is there value in starting one now, seeing that DSI are (apparently) working on an OS update? Bring all bugs and feature requests together?

My Pro-2 crashes whenever:

1) I try to send sequencer data through MIDI out port 2. In general, no matter what global setting apply I can't send MIDI note data from the keyboard or sequencer to MIDI out 2. It does transmit MIDI clock and start/stop messages. MIDI out 1 works fine.

2) I hold down the sequencer track select button and quickly scroll to another destination. This is avoidable if I don't scroll too fast. Not a show stopper but has caught me out a couple of times. Annoying after spending ages on a patch. This has taught me to save more frequently.  :D

Anyone can confirm these?

Also, a little curiosity: My Pro-2 was 12 cents sharp out of the the box. I had to set master tune to compensate. Anyone else? Not a problem for me, just an observation. Would be interesting to see if this is factory default and how many people have been playing their Pro-2 (slightly) out of tune :)

Re: Pro-2 - Two reproducible crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:23:37 AM »
Hello!

I've experienced two reproducible crashes recently and thought I should call them in. I didn't see a bug report thread. Is there value in starting one now, seeing that DSI are (apparently) working on an OS update? Bring all bugs and feature requests together?

My Pro-2 crashes whenever:

1) I try to send sequencer data through MIDI out port 2. In general, no matter what global setting apply I can't send MIDI note data from the keyboard or sequencer to MIDI out 2. It does transmit MIDI clock and start/stop messages. MIDI out 1 works fine.

2) I hold down the sequencer track select button and quickly scroll to another destination. This is avoidable if I don't scroll too fast. Not a show stopper but has caught me out a couple of times. Annoying after spending ages on a patch. This has taught me to save more frequently.  :D

Anyone can confirm these?

Also, a little curiosity: My Pro-2 was 12 cents sharp out of the the box. I had to set master tune to compensate. Anyone else? Not a problem for me, just an observation. Would be interesting to see if this is factory default and how many people have been playing their Pro-2 (slightly) out of tune :)

I will try to reproduce those on my Pro 2, if I can remember next time I am around it. It is also a good idea to email their support: support@davesmithinstruments.com
They are usually quick to reply and very helpful.

Weird that it was out of tune. It should not be, seeing as the oscillators are digital. Have you calibrated the pitch wheel? If that is wrong it may knock the pitch out.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:45:05 AM »
My Pro2 is also 12 cents sharp.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »
The crash bug is related to the MIDI output sequencer destination being selected while the sequencer is in playback and MIDI clock is being sent to the MIDI output. 

This bug has been fixed in an internally released OS version and we should have a new BETA to post in the not too distant future.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

NLB

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 04:49:16 AM »
The crash bug is related to the MIDI output sequencer destination being selected while the sequencer is in playback and MIDI clock is being sent to the MIDI output. 

This bug has been fixed in an internally released OS version and we should have a new BETA to post in the not too distant future.

Great! I look forward to trying-out the new OS.