It never play the same note twice

It never play the same note twice
« on: January 30, 2017, 02:35:39 PM »
Hello,

I don't find how to turn off this mode and it makes me crazy,
when I play for example 4 times a G, It sounds G3, G4, D4 and G5 but the arp and seq are off.

Help please

Re: It never play the same note twice
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:08:55 PM »
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but are all four oscillators set to the same note value? You can set them differently so you want to make sure they're set to the same value.

- Elliot

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 06:32:03 AM »
Yes it plays different notes because the pitch of each osc is different but how deactivate the fact that it plays different osc each time I play a key.

Jonas

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »
Hello,

I don't find how to turn off this mode and it makes me crazy,
when I play for example 4 times a G, It sounds G3, G4, D4 and G5 but the arp and seq are off.

Help please

Yeah, in paraphonic mode the keyboard will trigger each of the four oscillators independently, for individual articulation of pitch and waveform per note.  Each key event will trigger the next oscillator.  It's a unique feature to playing paraphonically, but I see how it can be frustrating.  Try to select pitches for each oscillator that are in octaves of one another.
DSI/Pioneer: |Tempest|PRO 2|PRO '08|OB-6|MonoEvolverKeys|MophoKeys|Toraiz AS-1|SP-16|
Oberheim: |DMX|DPX-1|Matrix 1000|

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »

Ok I understood.
Thanks for explanation.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »
FWIW - I would love a new feature for the Pro 2 which would always trigger oscillator 1 on first key press and add the remaining oscillators in sequence as keys are added. This would be especially useful since the sub-oscillator is only available for oscillator 1. I like the current behavior for many applications, but don't think it's the only way for the synth to work paraphonically. A mode that works sequentially would be very flexible with the four oscillators in the Pro 2. One example would be playing a bassline with oscillator 1 and the sub with three note chords of a totally different waveform and octave. 😀

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »
FWIW - I would love a new feature for the Pro 2 which would always trigger oscillator 1 on first key press and add the remaining oscillators in sequence as keys are added. This would be especially useful since the sub-oscillator is only available for oscillator 1. I like the current behavior for many applications, but don't think it's the only way for the synth to work paraphonically. A mode that works sequentially would be very flexible with the four oscillators in the Pro 2. One example would be playing a bassline with oscillator 1 and the sub with three note chords of a totally different waveform and octave. 😀

Totally agree,  this would be most useful.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1