P12 MIDI problems in Logic Controlling soft synths?

P12 MIDI problems in Logic Controlling soft synths?
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »
I did a quick scan of the forum but couldn't find anything so If this has been raised before I apologise.

Playing keys (notes) into logic x works fine but when i try to assign a controller parameter to a soft synth (Serum in this case) by using Midi learn when i turn say the cutoff freq on my P12 to be learned In serum / logic it recognises it but then "wraps around" so that any values i choose go up and then back round making it erratic and useless.

Every other synth I have works fine (Analog keys, Virus etc.) but for some reason it just acts weird with the P12.

My un educated guess is that it is some kind of message that P12 send that logic doesn't understand? Maybe extra info that Logic thinks is Midi CC but translates it wrong?

I just really liked the idea of using the P12 as my master controller mapped to my soft synths so that I can edit them as the same was they are laid out on the p12 so that I can have hands on control of the adsr / filter / oscs / tuning etc of the soft synths from the same controls on the P12 but with the soft synths learning the midi cc's and saving them as an instrument etc. every time i load up.

Yeah I know I could use the virus (and have) to do this but the idea of the P12 was to be the centre piece.

Failing that is there an app I can add as a bridge to convert P12 "weird midi" to regular midi? A translator?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Re: P12 MIDI problems in Logic Controlling soft synths?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 02:24:43 PM »
Is your P12 in CC or NRPN mode? What mode are the encoders in?

Re: P12 MIDI problems in Logic Controlling soft synths?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »
That did it! It works fine now!!!! Thanks Mekohler!

I changed it to CC and it works as expected now :)

A couple of the encoders (fine pitch) don't seem to work properly though as they go down to 100 but only as high as 57? Every other encoder seems to work fine - have a got a dodgy encoder? Is there a fix?

Thanks again!