Speculation on new modulation destinations for REV2?

dsetto

Speculation on new modulation destinations for REV2?
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »
Purely speculative. What are your speculative thoughts on new modulation destinations?
- What would you like based on your assessment of what is feasible, given the info announced, and the front panel knobs?

dsetto

Re: Speculation on new modulation destinations for REV2?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
The one I want the most - but is likely not feasible:
1. Effects On-Off.
I would love this because it would allow me to begin a sound without the effects; and then engage it, after gate-on.
It's likely unavailable because it's like trying to instantly reverse a car while driving forward. It'll lead to a moment hiccup, creating more vocal user strife.

Others:
2. Delay for Envelopes
3. Reverse for Envelopes (silly side plus: ties in with the "rev" in REV2.)

eXode

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
The one I want the most - but is likely not feasible:
1. Effects On-Off.
I would love this because it would allow me to begin a sound without the effects; and then engage it, after gate-on.
It's likely unavailable because it's like trying to instantly reverse a car while driving forward. It'll lead to a moment hiccup, creating more vocal user strife.

Others:
2. Delay for Envelopes

I doubt you could modulate Effect On/Off since it's a bypass. But perhaps you can modulate the dry/wet settings, this would pretty much achieve the same thing you want as far as I can tell.

dsetto

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:25:54 PM »
The reason I prefer the unlikely effects bypass destination is it would allow the attack portion of my sound to be true-bypassed; and then, I could switch gears to the chain passing through the digital effects. While I think it'd be great if it were feasible, I agree it's unlikely.

I think it's likely there will be an effects' wet/dry destination.

--
I figure most of the new mods will be effects related. I'm less interested in those. I am hoping there'll be great new destinations acting on the non-digital effects aspects.

dsetto

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »
Do you think simple, Linear FM is possible with DCO's? Specifically, Osc 2 modulating Osc 1. (Even though there're no sines.)

That would be a little feature that I think would be quite unique, and exciting. Even if it was hairier, as it's not a precise digital oscillator. Basic DCO, 2-op linear FM. It's very primitive FM, but I imagine it to be useful.

panic

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 02:24:28 AM »
I would like it, but I don't think osc fm will be possible. If it would be possible to use one of the DCOs as mod source, it would already have been mentioned.

Could you explain this, what would 'reverse for envelopes' do as a mod destination?

I would request glide as a mod destination.

dsetto

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 06:58:34 AM »
What I meant by reverse was reversing the envelopes as is done in the Tempest. It's likely I have the implementation as a Mod destination wrong.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:59:41 AM »
You can modulate FX Parameters 1, 2 and Slop!

dsetto

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 11:20:15 PM »
Super on slop. Was that available on Rev 1?

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 08:03:32 PM »
Would I be able to do FM with my OB-6? I know already that I can do this with my Korg R3
KorgR3;DSI OB-6;Yamaha Reface DX;&CP
VST's:FM8,Dexed,DaHornet,PlogueChipSounds,
Anticipated $$$:
Synth: OberheimTVP, Arturia MatrixBrute, KorgMS20m, Korg Arp Rev1/2FS,(DSI Pro2;Rev2;vs Atmultitron)
Akemie's Castle, Make Noise 0-coast, Odytron
OtherModularSuggestions??
+Line6Helix