Converting Mohpho patches to P12 patches

Converting Mohpho patches to P12 patches
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:41:45 AM »
Hi, I'm wondering is there a way to approximately convert DSI Mopho patches to Prophet 12 patches? There are some restrictions, I know that patchmorpher might do it.
The converter application has to be either accessible (as in usable for blind people) or it must run on Linux, since I know someone, who could use that for me. :)
I'd appreciate any good hints, thanks.
Best wishes, Ffanci

dslsynth

Re: Converting Mohpho patches to P12 patches
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
Hi Ffanci, its good to read you in here! :-)

I don't have a solution for you right now but what I can say is that one need to know the corresponding values for a number of parameter types such as envelope timing, LFO timing and range of various modulation types. That basically either requires data from DSI or a long study with good ears. Plus that the filter is one octave brighter on Prophet 12 than on Mopho.

If I had access to the corresponding values I could eventually make such a converter. However I doubt it would be open source.

I do remember the Patchmorpher author wrote about converting Prophet '08 patches into Prophet 12. So it have been done and it can be done modulo limitations of synthesizer voice features.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature