OB-6 LFO acting erratically

OB-6 LFO acting erratically
« on: January 25, 2017, 07:12:20 PM »
Folks, I hope someone who reads this can help me, because I am frustrated.

It appears as though there is a serious issue with the LFO on my OB-6. It will turn itself on at times when I have not touched it. I was able to reproduce this issue by going through some of the factory patches. Many of them no longer play as they should. The attached video link should explain everything. In addition to this, I am also having to calibrate the tuning on the synth multiple times a day. This cannot be the expected behavior for this machine. I'm really hoping someone out there can assist. I would really like to get back to making music! Thx in advance.

Video clip: https://youtu.be/j9ISvKwkj6c

autoy

Re: OB-6 LFO acting erratically
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:48:48 AM »

It appears as though there is a serious issue with the LFO on my OB-6. It will turn itself on at times when I have not touched it. I was able to reproduce this issue by going through some of the factory patches. Many of them no longer play as they should. The attached video link should explain everything. In addition to this, I am also having to calibrate the tuning on the synth multiple times a day. This cannot be the expected behavior for this machine. I'm really hoping someone out there can assist. I would really like to get back to making music! Thx in advance.

Super obvious observation: have you checked your mod wheel is all the way down? If so, is your sequencer maybe sending a MIDI message for mod wheel to be 127?

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
hey, I should've panned the camera over to that side of the instrument but the modwheel was in it's normal position.

Super obvious observation: have you checked your mod wheel is all the way down? If so, is your sequencer maybe sending a MIDI message for mod wheel to be 127?
[/quote]

autoy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 02:56:40 PM »
hey, I should've panned the camera over to that side of the instrument but the modwheel was in it's normal position.

Check the manual for Modulation Wheel calibration. That should do it.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »
Hi OP,

I'm having the same erratic LFO problem as you. It just engages whenever. I've tried calibrating the Mod wheel but it doesn't help. Did you solve your problem finally?