Using a P6 to Remotely Control another Synths Cutoff And Res. Using Midi CC

I want to control another rack synth's cutoff and resonance from my P6 acting as a midi controller.  If the LPF Cutoff on the rack is Midi CC#33 but on the P6 its Midi CC#109 (I know thats not what it is, just an example) how and where do i get them on the same page so when i twist the knobs on the P6 The rack module responds correctly.  Do both units have to be configured using a computer?  Thanks!

You have two options.
1. If your Rack Synth is able to map the MIDI CC change so it match to the P6.
2. You can put a converter in between (Midisolution) or a DAW. Cubase, Logic, Ableton can do it.

Thanks for hitting me back.  If the Rack synth IS able  to be mapped where is this typically done?  Ive seen midi implementation charts in the manual but would have no idea where to find the capability to modify the CC messages recieved. The Midisolution that you suggested seems for me the best option as i dont own a computer.  They have alot of products on there website.  Which one do you think would work best?  Thanks for your help!

The one you need is the  Event Processor. But you will need a Computer to setup the  Event Processor.