Rev2 Sequencing and Key Split

Rev2 Sequencing and Key Split
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »
Hello folks!

I've been into synths for about a year and a half, and I currently own a Mopho x4 (which I love for its sound if not its workflow). I'm seriously considering selling it, along with several other things, to fund a 16 voice Rev2; however, I've had a couple of questions on my mind.

With the Rev2, would I be able to engage keyboard split, sequence on one side, and play along on the other side? If so, I'm guessing this could be done with different patches?

I've still got a ways to go learning about the world of synthesis, so I would appreciate any advice the community can give.

Re: Rev2 Sequencing and Key Split
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »
With the Rev2, would I be able to engage keyboard split, sequence on one side, and play along on the other side? If so, I'm guessing this could be done with different patches?

Yes, you can combine the single layers however you like within each patch. In other words: the split and stack option is available per patch, not amongst all patches. So you couldn't assign patch no. 43 to the left half of the keyboard and patch 368 to the right half of the keyboard.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »
Good to know - thank you for the reply. 8)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:56:19 AM »
British designers, to wit–happens all the time....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000