Tempest Synth Patch Pack Interest?

Shea

Tempest Synth Patch Pack Interest?
« on: January 25, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
It seems to me there really aren't many quality patches out there for the T. Everything I've heard is abrasive, like the envelopes really have not been massaged at all.

For about a year now, I've been treating the T as a six voice poly, trying to get it to sound as smooth as the P6, because in my mind I'm saving myself $2k. I've been pretty successful. Smooth, pleasing patches are somewhat of a specialty for me, and I have a good collection of them.

Would a collection of "classic" subtractive synth sounds (brass, bass, pwm strings, mono acid), and some new categories of my own, be something anyone is interested in? I'll post some examples later.

Re: Tempest Synth Patch Pack Interest?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »
I agree with you, the Tempest seems underused as a fantastic poly. I'd be really interested in hearing the patches you've created.
soundcloud.com/tainsus

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »
I'm always interested in SMOOTH patches :)

I'll also add (not directed at you at all)... but i'm not at all interested in the "Analog Experience" type soundbanks, that feature rehashes of every preset from the "How to Program Your New Moog" book (possibly 90% of patches in all commercial synths). Everyday bread and butter sounds can be useful, but I think many of the stock patches i've heard from modern synths sound a bit dated to me.
...you know what i mean, 450 out of the 500 patches are based on Emerson Lake & Palmer sounds or something.

That said, i really don't like the techno soundbanks that are too edgy and unusable also. If anyone sells a dub/downtempo/techno/psychill type of soundbank - i'd be all over it :P
but yes, +1 vote for SMOOTH ;)
and for the proper treatment of envelopes :D
I'll support you

Cole

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
I'd love to have some classic synth patches.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 06:04:14 AM »
Come on bring on those patches!
soundcloud.com/tainsus

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 03:05:23 AM »
I'm interested too  :)

Shea

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 07:47:31 PM »
Hey. Ok I'm glad people seem interested.

It's going to require some fine tuning to get them ready for the general user, but I'll post an audio sample in the mean time. I'm finishing a couple of EPs right now but I'll have more time to devote to it after that is done. Pouring over dry Tempest sounds isn't the best activity to mix with actually making music.

https://clyp.it/5t2301h5

If you like these sounds, I'm planning on packing 32 of them together into a Beat file.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 05:49:53 AM »
The Vangelis sound is really good !
soundcloud.com/tainsus

Cole

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 04:56:09 AM »
I can't wait!

Jonas

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 06:34:27 AM »
Great sounds, thanks for sharing a demo.  I was on vacation in Russia for 5 months and the only synth I could fit in my carry-on was the Tempest so I decided to spend a lot of free-time in Moscow working on synth patches.  I try to get the waveforms to crash into another by dialing in a lot of slop, but I seemed to have better results with de-tuning the oscillators, and adding a 130 Hz sine wave.  With a little bit of finesse and a little bit of reverb, synth sounds on the Tempest can sound really amazing.  Looking forward to hearing more.
DSI/Pioneer: |Tempest|PRO 2|PRO '08|OB-6|MonoEvolverKeys|MophoKeys|Toraiz AS-1|SP-16|
Oberheim: |DMX|DPX-1|Matrix 1000|