Tempest Click

Tempest Click
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:24:20 AM »
Hello!

I'm a new owner of a DSI Tempest (though not new to drum machines) and I have a query about the click: after initializing a new project or beat, the click plays as both 8ths and 4ths simultaneously. This means it is very difficult to hear the sounds you are triggering. In pre-existing beats/ projects the click is at the expected 4ths only. The only setting I can find for the click is the overall level.

Would anyone able to suggest where I change the setting of the click/ default to play as 4ths only?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Dan

Re: Tempest Click
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »
What's your cable setup?Have you assigned any sounds to specific voices?Do you understand how Tempest's voice allocation works?IF not check the first post here: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,78.0.html
There isn't any setting for the click (i'm guessing here you mean the metronome) except level and may i specify that metronome eats up a voice...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:12:04 PM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

idm

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:12:56 PM »
It follows the measure settings I think. Go to the edit menu and check if the sequencer is set to 4/4.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 05:18:06 AM »
It was indeed a time signature problem... a bit embarrassing! Thanks very much for the help!

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:46:36 AM »
Nah don't mention it we've all been in a similar situation ;)
It was indeed a time signature problem... a bit embarrassing! Thanks very much for the help!