why still no beat sync?

why still no beat sync?
« on: January 23, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »
can somebody tell me why there is still no beatsync for the arpeggiator? i just don't get it. it made me sell the mopho, it sucks on my p8 and it still sucks on my ob6. is this so hard to implement?

Re: why still no beat sync?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »
can somebody tell me why there is still no beatsync for the arpeggiator? i just don't get it. it made me sell the mopho, it sucks on my p8 and it still sucks on my ob6. is this so hard to implement?

This is strange and annoying. At first i thought i had something wrong but everything else syncs.
DSI Synths: OB6 Module, OB6 Keyboard.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »
Agree 100%. I wonder if this is something they can do with a software update?
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »
I use an Expert Sleepers USAMO and my OB-6 is rock solid tight.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:40:43 PM »
in my case midi clock comes from the tempest, so it has nothing to do with clock jitter from a daw anyway. and usamo can not change the sync behaviour of the arpeggiator i think. i use a mutable instruments midipal as workaround, but to honest, it's quite annoying that you need an extra device to have a beatsynced arpeggiator on your new 2,5k synthesizer.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »

Rock solid midi clock sync here as well. Beat Sync is not midi clock sync. Beat Sync has to do with how the Arp/Seq triggers a new chord in the middle of a beat/bar. Beat sync keeps the Arp/Seq in time even when your performance is slightly off. This feature is especially helpful in live settings. This has been a feature request for some time on the P6/P2 forums. Surprising. So there's that...

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:08:08 AM by Chimponaut »
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 07:13:40 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand correctly but tonight I has jamming out with my OB-6 as the master midi clock and the Korg Monologue and an Alesis SR-16 drum Machine as slaves. I was playing with the arpegiator on my OB-6 for a couple of hours and it was perfectly in sync with the other two modules.