Sequencer start via midi?

Sequencer start via midi?
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
Can the sequencer be started via midi from another device?  I see options such as audio in and CV but not midi.  Basically I want to press play on my tempest and have the pro2 sequencer start at the same time via midi.

Thanks

Joe

Re: Sequencer start via midi?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:57:37 PM »
Yes no problem, if I remember right just set the clock in to external in the global settings.  I run the sequencer and arp clock / start / stop from external sources such as beatstep pro etc. no problem at all.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
Awesome, thank you.    I guess I would have figured that option would have been under the sequencer settings.

Thanks

Joe

Jonas

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:59:08 AM »
Here's a video I recently recorded, and in the beginning you can see that I start the sequencer on the Pro 2 by pressing the Play button on my Tempest. - https://www.youtube.com/embed/7lcBENkmytY

Later on during the song, I stop and then start the Pro 2 Sequencer again but from the keybed.   

DSI/Pioneer: |Tempest|PRO 2|PRO '08|OB-6|MonoEvolverKeys|MophoKeys|Toraiz AS-1|SP-16|
Oberheim: |DMX|DPX-1|Matrix 1000|

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »
It worked just fine.  I've done this a million times with other machines but for some reason I was thinking it was in the "sequencing" section with the other options.   Thanks

jg666

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 04:20:59 AM »
I'm struggling a bit with something particular. I have my Pro2 set as slave and my Rev2 set as the master. What I'd like if for the Pro2 sequencer to start at the same time as I start either an Arp or a Sequence on my Rev2 and then carry on playing.

I've got the clocks so that the Pro2 uses the Rev2 clock speed.

I've managed with some setting to get the Pro2 to start when I press a key on the Rev2 but then it's re-starting on every key press of the Rev2 as if you're transposing the sequencer.

Is what I want to do possible? At the moment I have to start the 2 synths going at the same time manually and as you know that's not fool proof!

Edit - I’m trying to do all this without a computer or any software being involved and just by connecting multiple synths together. Again I don’t know enough about midi to be sure that this is even possible
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:15:52 AM by jg666 »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

jg666

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »
I think I’ve managed to fumble my way through the menu settings to get 2 arps running on the 2 different synths but when I’ve got that working every time I play a note on the Rev2 it also plays the note on the Pro2 (when both arps/sequencers switched off). Is this normal?

Maybe what I’m trying to do isn’t possible? I’ve also noticed that now the Pro2 is set to slave, if the Rev2 is switched off then the arps/sequences don’t play any more on the Pro2. Do I need to disconnect the cable or do I have to switch the slave setting off when not required?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 02:42:14 PM »
With the Pro2 as slave you'll also suffer the annoying and still-not-fixed bug where you randomly get the filter2 env depth screen popping up as long as MIDI clock is being received. :(