Rackmount for P6 module?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Rackmount for P6 module?
« on: November 09, 2015, 07:31:42 AM »
I'm wondering if we'll see a rackmount kit for the P6 module? ... and if we are, then how many spaces will it take in a rack? 4? 5?

Hope someone can answer this...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Rackmount for P6 module?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »
Hi-

I don't believe the P6 Desktop was designed to fit in a rack at all.  The specs show that it is more than 21 inches wide, plus it has decorative wood panels.

PHYSICAL SPECS
21.25” L x 7.43” W x 4.4″ H (54.0 cm x 18.9 cm x 11.2 cm)

-dj
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:33:53 AM by DJKeys »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Hi-

I don't believe the P6 Desktop was designed to fit in a rack at all.  The specs show that it is more than 21 inches wide, plus it has decorative wood panels.

PHYSICAL SPECS
21.25” L x 7.43” W x 4.4″ H (54.0 cm x 18.9 cm x 11.2 cm)

-dj

It's hard to tell because the wooden sides and probably the bottom would be taken off, and that would make the module a bit more narrow, and 54cm is pretty close to rack-size.... every DSI module this far has been rack mountable, so I'd be very surprised if the P6 module is not, so I'd like the question to stand open still... I´d like DSI to answer this... if they're here at all...

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:31:11 AM »
Dave specifically said that it's not rackmountable in one of the videos. They wanted to keep all the controls of the keyboard version and there's too many to be able to fit it in a rack module, though I guess they could have made it taller at the expense of rearranging things...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 10:41:12 AM »
I've seen this discussion elsewhere, and everyone seems to know the P6 Module is not rackmountable.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 11:20:04 AM »
Sad really... and it´s so close to having the right size anyway... where the hell do people find space for all these modern desktop machines, when they are off-standard for euroracking :D

Well... will just have to see if I can find the space then... besides, I've not seen any other video from Dave about the P6 module than the initial short one, so that's why I did not know about this of course.

but thanks for the info anyway...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
Dave specifically said that it's not rackmountable in one of the videos. They wanted to keep all the controls of the keyboard version and there's too many to be able to fit it in a rack module, though I guess they could have made it taller at the expense of rearranging things...

I saw the video or read it too, but I can't remember where.  Can you give a link to it so we have the information here?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:46:33 AM by Sacred Synthesis »