OB-6 MIDI-IN (Slave Mode) Disables the Sequencer

OB-6 MIDI-IN (Slave Mode) Disables the Sequencer
« on: January 21, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
Hello all,

I noticed that when the OB-6 is set to receive an external MIDI Clock (Slave Mode) that the Sequencer is disabled, I'm I missing something? If this is the case this really sucks..  :(

autoy

Re: OB-6 MIDI-IN (Slave Mode) Disables the Sequencer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:21:32 AM »
Hello all,

I noticed that when the OB-6 is set to receive an external MIDI Clock (Slave Mode) that the Sequencer is disabled, I'm I missing something? If this is the case this really sucks..  :(

This is expected behavior. The sequencer and everything else now needs an external clock to run. Start your sequencer and clock will be sent on play.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
This is expected behavior. The sequencer and everything else now needs an external clock to run. Start your sequencer and clock will be sent on play.

I'm not sure I understand your reply, could you please elaborate with more detail what you mean? Thanks in advance

autoy

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »

I'm not sure I understand your reply, could you please elaborate with more detail what you mean? Thanks in advance

Sure, if I understood you correctly your answer is on the manual, page 11: "When set to in or slave thru, if no MIDI clock is present at the selected input, the arpeggiator and sequencer will not function."

To fix your issue just check that you're correctly sending MIDI clock to the configured OB-6 port (clock port) and interface (USB/MIDI).

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:38:28 PM »

Sure, if I understood you correctly your answer is on the manual, page 11: "When set to in or slave thru, if no MIDI clock is present at the selected input, the arpeggiator and sequencer will not function."

To fix your issue just check that you're correctly sending MIDI clock to the configured OB-6 port (clock port) and interface (USB/MIDI).

Thanks I'll check it out and let you know..

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:38:01 AM »
[/quote]

I just used mine in this fashion and onboard sequencer still Does Work.

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
Several things you need to check...

1. Is the master device actually sending clock?

2. If so, is it sending clock to the correct port? (Midi or USB depending on how the OB is connected)
You may have multiple midi ports in your system. Ensure you have selected the correct one to send clock to the OB.

3. Is the OB set up correctly? (Global OB settings need to agree with the master device settings)
Check the global settings "Midi Clock" and "Clock Port" for a start.

Good luck.

Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)