polyrhythms ever?

polyrhythms ever?
« on: January 21, 2017, 02:25:29 PM »
I'm sure this has been requested soo many times.  I'm a long time Tempest owner and lover. It's lived as the centre piece of my live set up and studio for a few years now.   This year I have a project that requires some (lots) of polyrhythmic, electronic/sequenced percussion.   I know i could do this in my DAW, but it is more a hands on, live collaborative (and recording) project.   

I'm seriously looking at getting a Arturia Drum Brute for this purpose.   I just really wish my beloved Tempest could do it :-/

Re: polyrhythms ever?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:25:22 AM »
Don't know if they'll be able to add this feature in the future...i really hope so though.  Why get a drumbrute? I'm sure you'll hate the sound of it coming from a Tempest. Add an octatrack to it instead!

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »
Don't know if they'll be able to add this feature in the future...i really hope so though.  Why get a drumbrute? I'm sure you'll hate the sound of it coming from a Tempest. Add an octatrack to it instead!

I've had an elektron machine in the past. I just don't really like the workflow that much. The Drum Brute is for a particular project I'm involved with this year and will not be replacing the Tempestin any way! :).  and it's (drum brute) cheap and i actually think it sounds pretty good and will work in with the project.  it has clock in and out too and the project will involve modular stuff so...

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:33:23 AM »
Or get a more dedicated sequencer and use that to sequence the Tempest - something like a Squarp Pyramid, Cirklon or a Deluge.

I have a Deluge on order ; )
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 09:20:06 AM »
Octatrack can too but remember that youcan only sequence one sound...
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

idm

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
Eh, You can trigger each pad with a sequencer. You are confusing it with playing sounds polyphonically. Which can of be done with one sound per beat. ;)

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 06:43:52 PM »
Ah! Yes.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest