Namm 2017

Namm 2017
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:16:32 AM »
I thought I would add a thread so we can talk about non DSI products that look interesting at Namm.

One I have noticed so far is the synth by Percussa (Audiocubes fame) http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2017-percussas-synthor-system-8-is-the-digital-modular-system-that-does-away-with-wires-647006

Re: Namm 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:29:15 AM »
I thought I would add a thread so we can talk about non DSI products that look interesting at Namm.

One I have noticed so far is the synth by Percussa (Audiocubes fame) http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2017-percussas-synthor-system-8-is-the-digital-modular-system-that-does-away-with-wires-647006

Good idea!

Here's one more on the Percussa, albeit not as insightful as one might hope:

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 03:34:01 AM »
The new Lifeforms Modules look and sound great:

And the Lifeforms Dynamic Impulse Filter might be something for chysn.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 04:52:21 AM »

It might be. That one was announced late last year, but it's good timing since I'm considering upgrading my LxD.

It's also nice to see Pittsburgh add a new complex oscillator to the format, and at about $100 less than current offerings. It is weird to see the principal oscillator on the left side, but that matrix looks awesome.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 05:00:52 AM »

It might be. That one was announced late last year, but it's good timing since I'm considering upgrading my LxD.

It's also nice to see Pittsburgh add a new complex oscillator to the format, and at about $100 less than current offerings. It is weird to see the principal oscillator on the left side, but that matrix looks awesome.

There's a video on the Dynamic Impulse Filter that has been posted in December:

chysn

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 07:08:58 AM »
There's a video on the Dynamic Impulse Filter that has been posted in December:

It sounds great, but I'll probably either wind up with an Optomix or keep the LxD. There's a lot of value to having the second VCA in a small system. I'm pleased with both vactrols in my LxD, so I really should just take the win.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 07:59:20 AM »
I'm interested in that Maleko Mono Synth. Can't wait to hear the sequencer on it.