controlling a tempest voice with cv/gate

controlling a tempest voice with cv/gate
« on: January 15, 2017, 02:48:01 PM »
Is there a way to do this with clever mod paths?
Using the 2 pedal/switch inputs?
I had an idea to make a sequence with continual 16th notes playing. and then use the pedal gate input to
mute and unmute the sound... Will need a good sync betwen the tempest sequencer and the cv/gate source..
Or is there a simpler way to trigger the envelope

Has anyone ever got something like this working? 

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
Re: controlling a tempest voice with cv/gate
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:13:51 AM »
Hi loveslap,

I haven't done exactly what you're suggesting, but I have used different modules into the pedal in of the Tempest to (try to) control various functions with varying results. The pedal ins seem to have limitations that aren't exactly spelled out in the manual. For example, I have tried using audio rate LFO's and for some reason the Tempest was not able to go past a certain frequency-- I guess it maxes out at some point.

I suspect what you are trying to do is possible-- are you not able to test this out yourself? Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, there may be a clever way to take care of it all within the Tempest.

Are you able to share more details about the patch you have in mind? I can try to put it together if you don't have a Tempest (or whatever external gear you have in mind) available.

Regards,
Steven Morris

bozo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
I've used my A4 cv/trig outs to do all sorts of stuff to the T,
I also used CV pedals and fooswitchs and a Korg SQ-1
Its needs a number of setting in the system and mod matrix set for the different things you pump in and doesnt always work as you would expect, I've done quite a bit of trial and error....flakey but has enormous potential.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »
Spunds really cool can describe one function using CV and hpw you set it up? I know you wrpte ot was flakey but do you mean you can duplicate results rendering the config useless?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)