New MPCs: Live and X

blewis

New MPCs: Live and X
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:48:58 AM »
Anyone feeling interested in the new Akai MPC lineup: the Live and the X?

I've been using a MPC Touch for a little over 4 months and I'm pretty excited about the standalone operation.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:55:52 AM by blewis »

Re: New MPCs: Live and X
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:10:47 AM »
I'm staying with my Ableton Live + Push 2 combo, which is ideal for me in the context of studio work. But I think that the Akais are definitely a huge step up for live performers and all those who are into beat-driven music in general. The standalone capabilities look pretty awesome as far as I could tell from the SonicState preview and the spec sheets. These boxes will definitely leave a mark and probably even have an impact on the sales of Ableton and - to a larger degree - Native Instrument's Maschine.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:57 AM »
I'm really interested in them. I've been looking at doing sequencing without a computer for a long time. While it's possible to do with a workstation type synth the idea of just having a little self contained unit is great. I could keep it at my home and come up with a new ideas here and there with a small midi keyboard, save the song and then take the little fella to my studio and plug into all my synth and sequence away and record right onto tape if I wanted to.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:54:54 AM »
I absolutely will get the X. I use a 1991 purchased s950 and i had a mpc2000xl in my life. After seeing the X in person and speaking with MR Andy Mack , I was sold immediately. I look forward to it.