Voice 8 only playing through one output.

dix

Voice 8 only playing through one output.
« on: January 12, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »
Voice 8 on my new P'08 Module only sounds through the right channel. Single notes that are centered/mono that all play evenly out of the left and right outputs of the Main Output until it gets to voice 8, which only plays from the right output. Patches that have panning play fine when playing single notes until voice 8, when it all goes to the right side :( Seems like a a problem with this unit? Is there a way to reset it? 

Thx!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:56:04 PM by dix »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Voice 8 only playing through one output.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
Check to make sure you haven't accidentally used one of the Output B jacks on the back of the instrument.  Then recalibrate the filters and oscillators by holding the Global button and at the same time pressing the LFO 2 button.  After the instrument is finished recalibrating (it takes about one minute), turn it off and then on again and check it.  If that hasn't fixed the problem, then reset the factory settings by again holding the Global button and at the same time pressing the LFO 3 button.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:16:17 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

dix

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply!

Definitely plugged into Main Outputs. Neither recalibrating nor the global reset changed the situation. Anything else I can try, or shall I assume it's the module?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:52:40 PM »
Hmmm.  Could it be a MIDI loop?  Try running the module directly from your controller without any other cables. 

Unless someone else has an idea, contact DSI support.  They're excellent.  But you'd better do it now, before they leave for NAMM next week.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:55:02 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

dix

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
That is currently how I'm playing it - MIDI cable direct from Axiom controller. I'll call them tomorrow. ....right. namm is nigh.

Thanks again!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 08:10:04 PM »
You're welcome.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:30:58 AM »
All the voices of my P08 are panned very slightly left or right of dead centre, so I know there is a degree of hardware calibration of panning that goes on with voices. Sounds, to me, like your voice 8 is wildly mis-calibrated, which is a hardware fault.

As Sacred Synthesis says, the good people at DSI will sort you out.

With my own instrument, I've actually come to like the slight panning imperfections and the character it gives me.  Of course, your fault is much more severe and I've no doubt you will get it repaired.

dix

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 12:53:36 PM »
Yup. After checking the issue in Mono mode and from the B Outputs, DSI support determined that it's a bad unit and will need to be repaired.

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:55:17 PM by dix »