OB-6 Output Cable Type

OB-6 Output Cable Type
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »
Here is a stupid question (not really...) what are you guys using for cables on the output of your OB-6? Right now I'm using 2 X 1/4" Mogami Microphone Cables (Balanced) and seems to be working just fine, but.. should I consider switching to instrument cables (Unbalanced) instead?

Your guidance and constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: OB-6 Output Cable Type
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »
Monster Performer 600 Instrument Cable - 6'.  Straight into my Audient ASP-880 Channels 1 and 2. These are unbalanced cables and it sounds gorgeous.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

Re: OB-6 Output Cable Type
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:04:27 AM »
Here is a stupid question (not really...) what are you guys using for cables on the output of your OB-6? Right now I'm using 2 X 1/4" Mogami Microphone Cables (Balanced) and seems to be working just fine, but.. should I consider switching to instrument cables (Unbalanced) instead?

Your guidance and constructive suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Unbalanced.

As a maker of my own cables (and builder of boutique electronics), brand and features don't matter a whole lot. Mogami is the best for price/quality of components (including 'shielding' and separation). Just avoid anything "tuned", like some purchase for guitars. You don't need a pro jazz cable or something else with unnecessary capacitance. Just try not to bundle or run the audio cables near the power cord.