Syncing ob6 arpeggiator with daw help

Syncing ob6 arpeggiator with daw help
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
Does  someone know, how to synchronize the arpeggiator or the  Sequencer of the OB-6 with Logic pro x.I tried many different things but i cant find any solution.
i'm trying to connect via usb and the settings on the ob6 are:

MIDI Channel = All
MIDI Clock = Off
Clock Port = USB
Param Xmit = CC
Param Rcv = CC
MIDI Control = ON
MIDI SysEx = USB
MIDI Out = USB

any idea what's wrong?
Thanks
Logic pro x |Ob6 | jx3p | MFB-Tanzbar | juno 6 |nord lead a1|roland fantom 88|

Re: Syncing ob6 arpeggiator with daw help
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 12:44:28 AM »
You need to switch MIDI Clock to "In" for the OB-6 to receive MIDI clock. You should also determine a specific MIDI channel for the interaction between Logic and the OB-6. So rather choose anything between 1-16, depending on what channel is still free in your setup, instead of ALL.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:05:29 AM »
If you're looking for REALLY tight sync, make sure to quantize your trigger notes.

It's also worth pointing out that Logic's own EXS24 sampler can be used to trigger a sample per note, which you can then use to line up against the recorded audio from an external MIDI-synced slave to tighten (or loosen!) up the feel.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:19:31 AM »
Thank you very much it works but  it has some latency any suggestions for logic midi clock?
Logic pro x |Ob6 | jx3p | MFB-Tanzbar | juno 6 |nord lead a1|roland fantom 88|

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:17:05 AM »
I use an expert sleepers USAMO for audio synced midi to the OB-6. It's astonishingly tight but uses one of your mono soundcard outs to send a sync signal from their plugin to their audio-midi box.

Here's a demo with everything sequenced from the OB-6 sequencer, recorded one track at a time to Protools.

https://soundcloud.com/twoquietsuns/dsioberheim-ob-6-multitrack-usamo-test