New modulation destination(s) in next update ? OSC shape

OttoRepeat

New modulation destination(s) in next update ? OSC shape
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »
Hi,
Do you think it would be possible to add new modulation destinations in a future update ? These ones would be really cool:

- OSC shape 1, 2, 3, 4

Thanks !

Re: New modulation destination(s) in next update ? OSC shape
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
Hi,
Do you think it would be possible to add new modulation destinations in a future update ? These ones would be really cool:

- OSC shape 1, 2, 3, 4

Thanks !
Aren't these already in there? (destinations 10-13 for OSCs 1-4, plus ALL from v3.1 onward)
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

OttoRepeat

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »
I think these are the shape mods (cf left & right shapes) I meant the main osc shapes :)

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:42:00 AM »
Do you want to jump abruptly between the main osc shapes? I can't see how it could easily be done smoothly between say square and sawtooth, or sine and tines.

OttoRepeat

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 05:33:27 AM »
Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind indeed, an abrupt change :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:39:53 AM by OttoRepeat »

OttoRepeat

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:11:01 AM »
Actually, I use the 4 LFO with a different phase to navigate around the 4 OSC levels, a kind of quad/circular mixer, that works  fine too :)

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »
I get it now! A lot of the tips from other P12 users are to do with recreating old sounds which does not interest me much, but you have opened a door for me here! and the changes don't even have to be abrupt with a bit of LFO slew. Curse you OttoRepeat (not really) now I will have to go back to writing new voices cos my 200 are no longer enough. . .

OttoRepeat

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »
 :) Yes, the change doesn't have to be abrupt. using the LFO provide great control over the level changes, using the slew, phase and the LFO shape of course
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:54:02 AM by OttoRepeat »

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »
If you have some way of sending Midi cc's to the prophet then oscillator shape is available as a for modulation that way.
I use the midi-cc lfos and parameterlocks on my Octatrack to change oscillator shapes. It's pretty cool.
Finishing songs is for loosers... *Cue overproduced 8-bar loop made entirely from a processed sample of my tears splashing aganst my empty wallet.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »
If you have some way of sending Midi cc's to the prophet then oscillator shape is available as a for modulation that way.
I use the midi-cc lfos and parameterlocks on my Octatrack to change oscillator shapes. It's pretty cool.

I change osc wave shapes with sending NRPN's from my BCR2000...maybe not as cool as changing them with a modulator source though ;)
Mutiny in Jonestown, Progressive Rock Since 1987:

Bandcamp: https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:47 AM »
I just built some voices where I used 3 LFOs (with some slew) to cycle through 3 different oscillator shapes and used the 4th Osc to Linear FM the result. Not sounding like my other voices, if I get any truly great results I will share them here.