Oscillator Calibration Issue

Oscillator Calibration Issue
« on: November 06, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
This has happened to me on both the original OS and on 1.1.

At the end of the calibration, the process never completes, just gets in an endless loop L1-L2-L3-L4-L5-L6 and repeats over and over again.  I have to power down the unit (I know the manual says not to do this) and when I turn it back on, it doesn't appear any harm was done.

Anyone else see this happening?

Thanks-

-dj

Re: Oscillator Calibration Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »
This has happened to me on both the original OS and on 1.1.

At the end of the calibration, the process never completes, just gets in an endless loop L1-L2-L3-L4-L5-L6 and repeats over and over again.  I have to power down the unit (I know the manual says not to do this) and when I turn it back on, it doesn't appear any harm was done.

Anyone else see this happening?

Thanks-

-dj

Hi,

New Prophet 6 owner here.  My P6 had OS 1.1 when I purchased it and I've already updated to BETA OS 1.1.9.8.  I hadn't tried the calibration process prior to loading new OS, but I have since and it works 100% without issue. 

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »
I just updated to the new OS as well and the calibration functioned normally this time.  Hopefully that will do the trick!

-dj

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 03:52:28 PM »
Just a report that the new beta OS seems to have solved this problem-

-dj

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:32:01 PM »

-dj
I just upgraded to 1.3.1, because of this issue, but the upgrade has not solved the problem for me. After calibrating the LED display gets stuck on L6 until I shut it off. What now?

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 01:47:26 PM »

-dj
I just upgraded to 1.3.1, because of this issue, but the upgrade has not solved the problem for me. After calibrating the LED display gets stuck on L6 until I shut it off. What now?

I still have this issue in 1.3.1.  If I clear the calibration memory (Preset+3) it will work properly one time, then it gets stuck again cycling from L1-L6  forever. 

-dj

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 09:03:45 AM »
Updating your operating system shouldn't affect the calibration routine. If you are having trouble calibrating, please email us directly in technical support.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 10:00:32 AM »
Updating your operating system shouldn't affect the calibration routine. If you are having trouble calibrating, please email us directly in technical support.

I did report this to DSI Support last July.  I will file another ticket after Christmas-

-dj

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 09:51:41 AM »
Hi, I had the same issue since yesterday...
I had a rehearsal in a super cold place and the P06 started to detune.
I wanted to run the calibration routine but it got stuck on L3.
Same thing today. At every attempt I had to turn it off and back on again.
I finally reinstalled the OS and recalibrated the synth (this time successfully) and it's working perfectly !!!

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 05:43:38 AM »
I'm on the latest OS. Callibration fails on L5 every time. Have to reboot. No idea why it's suddenly doing this. Maybe I should reseat something inside?

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
I'm on the latest OS. Callibration fails on L5 every time. Have to reboot. No idea why it's suddenly doing this. Maybe I should reseat something inside?

I just submitted a new ticket to DSI Support.  This has been happening to me pretty much consistently since I had my unit.  I wonder if the calibration is actually happening.

-dj

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:25:27 PM »

I just submitted a new ticket to DSI Support.  This has been happening to me pretty much consistently since I had my unit.  I wonder if the calibration is actually happening.

-dj

I worked with Andy at Dave Smith and his instructions provided the key to this.  I always had my volume pedal plugged in when I calibrated.  He instructed me to remove all peripherals before calibration (this was not in the manual). When I removed the volume pedal jack, it completed successfully.  If I reinserted the jack, it failed every time.  So, make sure all cables except audio and power are disconnected when performing the calibration.

Thanks again the DSI for helping me get to the bottom of this!

-dj