Pitch wheel -> LPF?

Pitch wheel -> LPF?
« on: October 17, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
Is there any way for the P6 low-pass filter to respond to the pitch wheel CC? In the same way you can set the LPF to track the keyboard (half or full)?

When using it with alternate controllers like the Linnstrument and for example doing 12-semitone downward pitch slides, it sounds awesome when the filter closes with the downward pitch slide. My Arturia Origin does this.

Re: Pitch wheel -> LPF?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 03:54:55 AM »
You could use an external midi processor app like Midibridge (iOS) to translate Pitchbend into filter cutoff. Midibridge would also allow you to create an algorithm for this translation. This would enable the fine tuning of the translated control effect.
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »
You could use an external midi processor app like Midibridge (iOS) to translate Pitchbend into filter cutoff. Midibridge would also allow you to create an algorithm for this translation. This would enable the fine tuning of the translated control effect.

This is a good suggestion. But you see where I'm coming from right? For any analog synth, having the option to couple the filter cutoff to the pitch bend, much like when it tracks the keyboard, creates such a great expressive (and natural) effect it seems like a no-brainer to me. 

I plug my Linnstrument straight into the Prophet-6. I'm bringing this up because of how well the P6 handles these advanced controllers, for example polyphonic aftertouch.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 04:16:58 AM »
Agreed. The whole subject of interfacing the P6 with modern multiple channel, continuous pitch type controllers like the Roli and the Linnstrument is hot. The emerging midi standard that copes with these types of interface is probably the way to go in time. EssentiLly the P6 would need to have a 6 channel multitimbral mode or at least extend poly mod to enable it to respond to controllers on 6 midi channels. I've no doubt the P6 firmware could be modified to properly support the Linnstrument and the Roli or even just a multiple octave ribbon controller. May be this will happen when the market place is more defined? And if not then may be some after market firmware might be developed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:19:25 AM by Hector Space »
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |