Weird behavior with preset 172

Weird behavior with preset 172
« on: May 31, 2024, 11:02:14 PM »
Got my T-6 this week and was playing around and came across a (probably noob) question:

Preset 172 is a unison patch. When I change it to poly, though, I experience a weird behavior:

Every 5th note doesn't sound. I thought it might be a modulation thing... Nope, not as far as I can tell. It doesn't seem to be the envelopes. I'll play a scale and no matter how I fiddle with it it basically drops every 5th out of 6 notes. It does not do this on other patches so I'm just scratching my head trying to figure out what setting is affecting this.

Any ideas? This is less about using this particular patch and more about trying to understand what's under the hood. Thanks!

Re: Weird behavior with preset 172
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 04:50:58 PM »
Preset 172 (which for a factory reset instance would be the same a preset 672) on my T6 desktop module is not a unison patch. Is it a patch that you have modified? If it is a used T6, then the previous owner could have written a different patch to that location. That being said, I do not observe any behavior as described with 172 or 672.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 11:55:23 AM »
Preset 172 (which for a factory reset instance would be the same a preset 672) on my T6 desktop module is not a unison patch. Is it a patch that you have modified? If it is a used T6, then the previous owner could have written a different patch to that location. That being said, I do not observe any behavior as described with 172 or 672.

Hey thanks for the reply. It's still identical to the factory setting 672, which is a unison patch. What's strange is after a few power cycles the glitch currently does not seem to be acting up anymore  ???

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 05:31:26 PM »
I’m glad it is working now!

Kind of surprising to me about the patch difference. I just now turned my Trigon on and verified that 672 does not have unison on by default. Nor glide, for that matter. And it appears in your picture that osc 3 is set to the lowest setting (it seems that light is on). Very different patch from mine. I assume that Sequential must have changed the default set of factory patches.

gus

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2024, 09:54:01 AM »
We haven't changed the factory programs. If needed, they can be re-downloaded from our website at the following link. Note that these load over the USER slots.

If you need to then copy the user programs to the factory slots, you can do so with an editor, or with the following hotkey: Copy User presets to Factory   Hold Trans Up and Down + 0

https://sequential.com/trigon-6-factory-sounds/
Sequential | Oberheim