Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Trigon-6 / Re: Trigon-6 MPE
« Last post by g3o2 on Today at 08:48:16 AM »
I'm not positive about this, but it appears that the Amp envelope is still triggered when in MPE mode. In the case of the Osmose, it's the finger vertical motion (channel pressure?) that "generates" the envelope shape. I find hard to replicate the same sensitivity in the Trigon, but probably I'm missing something.

In the video here below, Josh and Anthony show what’s needed to make synths behave better under MPE. Their solution is a “gate which fires the envelope generators” (check at around 8:00 and following):

The synths in this video are modular, so I guess in the case of Trigon, Sequential would have to code this on their side as a sort of EG trigger/gate parameter.

Btw, Osmose’s sound generator (EaganMatrix, also a modular synth) does not only derive the envelope shape and duration from the fingers but also from programmed envelopes baked into the presets. I guess the idea is similar to the demonstration in the above video, even though the implementation might be very different in the EM.
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: Key commands
« Last post by Analog Prophet on Yesterday at 01:45:49 PM »
Thank you very much for clearing this out!
Sequential Prophet-6 / Help with P6 Module not transmitting MIDI
« Last post by Marshill33 on Yesterday at 12:16:25 PM »
Hi!
I am having issues with my new P6 module not sending any MIDI info to logic when recording.(Logic Pro X) I can hear the synth and when i record an audio track, it records the audio, but no MIDI is written on the external synth track. I also am using my OB-6 as the MIDI controller.

My setup is the P6>Audio Outs to interface> MIDI IN from P6> MIDI out to OB-6.
 I have also tried connecting the USB from OB-6 as well as the P6 to the iMac as well.

Now if i change some settings in the globals, it will write MIDI but then there is no audio.

Can someone please help?  Thanks! MT
Off Topic / Re: Your Music
« Last post by LoboLives on Yesterday at 12:03:28 PM »
This is a track and video I did last year. I actually found a few of them that I never got around to posting. I figure no time like the present.

This is a semi cover/tribute to Alex Parker's score for Psycho Cop. A fun little  slasher from 1989. Although it's sequel (Psycho Cop Returns) got a blu ray release from Vinegar Syndrome, the original film still hasn't got a proper release.

No idea what Parker used on the score but the Prophet X is handling everything on this track. Piano, synth and even the drums. It starts off with a slow brooding piece and then kicks into a driving stalking theme. Nothing fancy but I think it turned out well.

Hope you enjoy!

℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

Sequential Prophet-6 / Re: Output Level
« Last post by LPF83 on Yesterday at 11:04:06 AM »
The program level knob controls the volume individually for each patch. 
I would then have to re-save all patches with a level that is too “hot”.
The 500 factory ROM patches would be left out.
That can't be the solution.

I am looking for a limitation of the maximum level.
This is not a problem or shortcoming of the Prophet 6, but the problem lies in the lack of input gain control of the Specular Tempus.
That's why I'm thinking of patch cables with an integrated -10db pad.

Compressor / limiter pedal between the synth and reverb pedal?
« Last post by herr_dreier on Yesterday at 09:59:19 AM »
The program level knob controls the volume individually for each patch. 
I would then have to re-save all patches with a level that is too “hot”.
The 500 factory ROM patches would be left out.
That can't be the solution.

I am looking for a limitation of the maximum level.
This is not a problem or shortcoming of the Prophet 6, but the problem lies in the lack of input gain control of the Specular Tempus.
That's why I'm thinking of patch cables with an integrated -10db pad.
« Last post by Quatschmacher on Yesterday at 04:56:22 AM »
Have you tried using the program level knob?
Sequential Prophet-6 / Output Level
« Last post by herr_dreier on Yesterday at 02:36:48 AM »
Hello,
is there an output level switch in the globals of the Prophet 6 to reduce the level?

The background to this is that some (but not all) preset sounds override the input of the GFI Specular Tempus, which is connected directly to the stereo output of the Prophet.
I want to use the full control range of the Master Volume control and the GFI has no Input Level control. An output level switch like this would be a help.
Some vintage synths like Polysix or JX-8P have such a switch.

Alternatively, a -6 or -10db pad in the plug could be an option.

Any ideas for this?
Thanks in advance

addendum:
Calbritation was performed, but did not change the Problem
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Replacing alternative tunings, HOW?
« Last post by Mend on Yesterday at 01:38:47 AM »
So how does one do that? The manual says it's possible and the file needs to be in sysex format, but it doesn't elaborate on how it's done. Can anyone chime in?
If any of you started experiencing these problems after updating to 1.8, that’s most likely the issue. It wrecked my unit till I downgraded. What it caused was:

1. Pitch problems nonstop, especially after warming up.

2. Hissy noise on notes 5 and 6, again, usually  after warming up.

3. Calibration hanging on 43, also after warming up. It would pass calibration if the unit was cool.

The fix is to email support and get a copy of 1.74 and reinstall it. Why a new OS would break certain units is beyond my knowledge but it clearly is happening. Hopefully they can make a newer update that works universally.

That is, if it even needs many updates at this point… Cheers.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10