Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
OB-X8 / OBX8 Knobs replacement
« Last post by ticccc on April 24, 2024, 04:28:12 PM »
Hi there,
I recently bought an OBX8 module. I couldn't be more happy  :)

I was thinking about buying a blue overlay set wich has the Panel B functions printed on it. So only or aesthetical purposes i thought about changing the knobs too (that honestly don't feel that good).

I tried out with some knobs from other gear that i have but almost none fits the obx8.
Anyone could help to figure out what size/tipe of knobs would fit??

Any help is really appreciated !!
Espen sampled over 20 different classic vintage synths and just made them available for the Prophet X at a very reasonable price of 35 USD.

The samples (about 1.5 GBytes) sound amazing and also contain several multi sample patches to stretch across the keyboard. He also included several samples with multiple velocity layers.

https://youtu.be/rOilZ1vXLxM?si=s6tKNC9uNooct04eweb

Great sample set! I highly recommend it.
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: Firmware [Main OS 2.0.4 / Panel OS 1.1.3]: Feedback
« Last post by waxdoctor on April 23, 2024, 10:06:02 AM »
Here's a miniscule discrepancy I found in 2.0.4 / 1.1.4

First, I love the feature where when you change a panel control, a dot appears in the display when you hit the value saved in the patch.
This does not seem to be implemented for the upper right Velocity and Aftertouch buttons.
I did not check this before update so I can't say if it is new or not.

Thanks,
C

Did I miss something? Panel v1.1.4? Or just a typo… :)
OB-X8 / Re: Sustain pedal - held voices, none stolen
« Last post by AlainHubert on April 22, 2024, 01:53:16 PM »
That’s the way the sustain pedal works on vintage Oberheims too. That’s how it works.
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: Prophet 5/10 Rev 4 discount
« Last post by KenM on April 21, 2024, 07:32:37 PM »
see:    sequential.com/50-years-of-sequential-prophet-promotion

Celebrate 50 Years of Sequential with the Legendary Synth that Started it All.

Sequential’s flagship Prophet-5 and Prophet-10 Rev4 analog synthesizer family is on sale for the first time ever.  Don’t wait another 50 years…  Take advantage of this limited time discount on Prophet-5 (Save $600) and Prophet-10 (Save $900) through the 30th of April, 2024. (US only.)
Poly Evolver Keyboard / Re: Poly Evolver Music
« Last post by Soundquest on April 21, 2024, 09:55:24 AM »
I love the PEK sequencer (I use use it thru the editor as it's really easy to change note gate lengths to odd multiples.  Makes for some funky rhythms.  P12 does the "wha voice" and organ pad.

https://soundcloud.com/wavescape-1/move-over

This LOCAL CONTROL option will change things for a lot of people here! I personally would like to have the following possible: "Knobs Only"

Allowing the synth engine not to be double triggered when used in a midi loop.

Currently if i turn local control off, then i can play the keyboard and most of the controls are active, but any messages that are nrpn's (such as LFO and Cross Mod) don't transmit.

If there was a "Knobs Only" setting there would be a win for multiple prophet 6 users!

FYI - i am using an Octatrack and it does not transmit nrpn's. Sadness..
Hi All,

I’ve posted this thread in the Take 5 sub forum but I was recommended to post here instead.

So, here is the deal; I have the chance to buy a near-perfect Take 5 for a VERY reasonable price. The thing is, I already own a P6 (which I love). Does it make sense to own both synths? Or maybe there is too much overlap? Are the OSC and the filter, etc the same?

For context I own the following; P6/OB6, Subsequent 37, Analog Four MK2 and the Novation Peak.

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

PS: I have to give the shop an answer by Monday;)
Prophet Rev2 / Re: Mod matrix vs direct LFO assignment question
« Last post by gppz on April 20, 2024, 09:15:56 AM »
Thank you. I'll read your write-up.
Prophet Rev2 / Re: Mod matrix vs direct LFO assignment question
« Last post by creativespiral on April 20, 2024, 09:04:59 AM »
You can route a single source (Like LFO2) to many different destinations simultaneously, using the mod matrix.  In the case you describe, LFO2 will modulate both the cutoff and the amount of LFO1.     

There's some information I wrote up a while back in this thread that describes how routing via the LFO vs Mod Matrix may give you different resolution output:
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3203.0.html

Hello.

I'm new to synths, so the following bugs me.

I directly assign LFO2 let's say to Cutoff. Then, in the 1st mod matrix slot, I set LFO2 as Source, and LFO1 amount as destination. LFO2 still shows Cutoff as destination (holding Misc and turning the LFO2 destination knob).

What is actually the destination of LFO2?

Could someone explain how is this meant to work or point me to any related documents/topics/posts? Couldn't find it.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10