Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
i was wondering if the Filter envs are actually analog or digitally created? Do we have any verified info about it?
The envelopes are generated digitally and converted to analogue control voltages.
i was wondering if the Filter envs are actually analog or digitally created? Do we have any verified info about it?
I works like this too. And the filter!

especially for the filter this would be very nice to have ... try sweeping thru a high-reso filter sound  :-X
Prophet Rev2 / Re: Prophet REV2 editor VST
« Last post by mothersound on Yesterday at 11:11:44 PM »
I bought this editor last week.  So far, pretty happy with it, but there are a few things that I think would be a huge benefit for users:

1.  Ability to drag/drop programs from the 'Database' section to the 'Export' section (instead of clicking arrow one-by-one), and the same drag/drop functionality within the 'Export' section itself to re-order patches without starting over.

2. Ability to delete unused tags.  I started with one naming convention, but switched all programs to a different tag and can't figure out how to delete the old unused tags.

3.  Ability to save/open different program databases.  I have spent quite a bit of time organizing sounds, but I want to start over completely with a new tagging structure and new programs without losing my previous work or co-mingling two different datasets that use different methodology. I know you can copy the Documents folder contents somewhere else, but it'd nice to be able to select from within the window which one to reference.

A few additional things that would be real improvements:

1a. Deleting Patches:  Any time you delete a patch (mouse click only), the programs list jumps back to the the very beginning.  This is very annoying for people trying to clean up large banks because we have to scroll to find our place every time we delete a patch.
1b. It would be great if users could just press the  'delete' key on their keyboard to delete a patch while still staying where they are in the list (load next patch immediately after the deleted one instead of going back to the beginning of the list).

2. Unable to export more than 128 patches at a time.  I understand the Rev2 only allows 128 patches to be loaded into a bank, but I wish there wasn't a limit on exporting as many as we want into a sysex file.  I'm at a point where I'm just trying to export every patch I have so I can manage them in a different library.  My only options seems to be to export 128 patches times __ number of banks and then combine them into a single sysex file using a different tool (f0f7). More hassle than it should be.

Hope all of this is taken as constructive feedback from a paying customer.
OB-6 / Re: Support - OS 1.8.0 - MIDI-OX Doesn't like the syx file
« Last post by kvitekp on Yesterday at 07:25:30 PM »
Just updated my OB-6 module from 1.74 to 1.8 via USB using MIDI-OX running under Parallels on Windows 10 on. MacBook Pro using recommended procedure.

Just for fun updated it again via MIDI using the same MIDI-OX and U6MIDI Pro -- everything works as expected.
Trigon-6 / A funny thing happened on the way to the Trigon forum...
« Last post by Manbird on Yesterday at 12:59:51 PM »
My wife and I were recently back in Berlin and went to Schneidersladen. They've moved and are now split across three locations. We stopped first in the keyboard shop and I finally got to mess with the Trigon. Loved it, as I'd imagined I would, though I didn't spend enough time with it to be able to say more about it here.

The scary and surprising thing, though, happened in the modular shop, which was a block or two away. Not sure how or why, but suddenly, after being resistant all these years, both Julia and I got hit with the "let's get a modular system" bug! We didn't purchase anything, but we did go back a second time to follow up on a few things. I think, for me, anyway, the sudden appeal of modular is that it seems to lean in the opposite direction to where I've been with musical gear for a while. I've been so practical and pragmatic, and everything I buy or record has to have a purpose. With modular, I'm picturing pointless generative meanderings! Basically, I'm dreaming of meditative drones that have no bearing on my pop music mind. Not that all things aren't One, man, but you know what I mean.

I still want a Trigon, but it would probably mean letting go of my Prophet 6. The P6, speaking to my earlier point, is probably the most "practical" synth. It fits well on my desk, serves as a great controller etc. Its sound is familiar  and I know my way around it well, but practicality is starting to wear on me and I need more mystery in my head. We'll see where the modular bug leads, meanwhile...

Trigon-6 / Two voices produce clipping-like pops on my new Trigon 6 module
« Last post by DesertPie on Yesterday at 12:58:54 PM »
I noticed a lot of popping I haven't experienced on any other synthesizer when first playing my new Trigon.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I have narrowed it down to 2 voices. The attack of each emits a pop (not a click). It's even present when turning the volume of every oscillator down to 0. Successive key presses will emit a pop each time the key presses reach the same two voices. Seems to be linked to the variability between voice cards that is often described as normal behavior, but this sound isn't normal. It isn't something anyone I know would accept on a recording. As I said, it sounds like I'm clipping, just not as loud.

Turning the vintage knob up makes it worse. Turning the attack knob to 9 o'clock or further relieves the issue most of the time. I've calibrated the unit around 20 times since I got it yesterday. Any advice is much appreciated. I love this instrument, so I'm really hoping there's a fix here. Thanks!
OB-X8 / Re: Split mode when turning on my OB-X8
« Last post by Ophiuchus on Yesterday at 06:59:24 AM »
Thanks, it works! Greetings!
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: Using 2 Prophet 5s for stereo
« Last post by Analog Prophet on Yesterday at 01:10:15 AM »
Go for it if you can, follow your dream! The great benefit with two P5, or multitracking and pan, you get perfect phase. With processing with chorus etc the phase is corrupted.

To me the P5 DNA is, among other things, is the mono… and when stacked great stereo in perfect phase.
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: Using 2 Prophet 5s for stereo
« Last post by tubefire on May 03, 2024, 09:43:33 PM »
Anyone try this yet? I notice when I double track the P5 from the exact same midi file, the resulting audio files look and sound slightly different, which makes for an awesome stereo sound when panned L-R. No need to even detune one of the tracks. It would be awesome to play live in stereo though.

And Jim, I picked up that Standtastic keyboard stand you recommended in your video. Very solid! Thanks for the tip 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10