Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: all my patches are gone !!!
« Last post by Silas on Today at 04:42:07 PM »
I just had this happen to me today - a whole group disappeared mid rehearsal- I had to rebuilt them on the fly - terrifying as not sure what I could do if this happened mid set. Is there a fix planned? On the latest OS…

OB-X8 / Re: Next firmware update?
« Last post by SnipeUout on Today at 03:42:34 PM »
I been asking this from the beginning.

The Envelopes are digital, so please (respectfully) add in page two a delay parameter and a loop (on or off) for each envelop.  It would really expand the sound design possibly to the next level.
Pro 3 / Re: Crashing issue - not sure what to do
« Last post by unilateraldiscord on Today at 11:29:47 AM »
Just to add, if you ever get encoder issues, in particular the bank or patch encoder double jumping, it is related to a certain panel os version. Enjoy this awesome synth, it’s a bass monster!

Thanks for this tip! Sadly, I am still experiencing the problematic behavior detailed in my original post. The support team has been working with me to try and identify what could be the cause. I've reseated the main board ribbon on both sides in addition to the ribbon that connects both panels. No luck so far... it's mind blowing.

I haven't considered the panel os version. Using v1.1.0.13 at the moment.
« Last post by Jonah66 on Today at 08:34:30 AM »
Just to add, if you ever get encoder issues, in particular the bank or patch encoder double jumping, it is related to a certain panel os version. Enjoy this awesome synth, it’s a bass monster!
I noticed a lot of popping I haven't experienced on any other synthesizer when first playing my new Trigon.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I have narrowed it down to 2 voices. The attack of each emits a pop (not a click). It's even present when turning the volume of every oscillator down to 0. Successive key presses will emit a pop each time the key presses reach the same two voices. Seems to be linked to the variability between voice cards that is often described as normal behavior, but this sound isn't normal. It isn't something anyone I know would accept on a recording. As I said, it sounds like I'm clipping, just not as loud.
Turning the vintage knob up makes it worse. Turning the attack knob to 9 o'clock or further relieves the issue most of the time. I've calibrated the unit around 20 times since I got it yesterday. Any advice is much appreciated. I love this instrument, so I'm really hoping there's a fix here. Thanks!
It sounds like you've already put in a lot of effort to troubleshoot the issue with your Trigon synthesizer. Have you reached out to the manufacturer or any online communities dedicated to synthesizer enthusiasts?
« Last post by unilateraldiscord on Yesterday at 04:06:53 PM »
Update on the situation:

With the help of the support team, I was able to solve the problem. It was the ribbon connector all along. After reinserting the ribbon and locking both sides into place, I haven't experienced a crash since. There was only one instance in which the previous behavior occurred; as soon as I powered up my unit after reattaching the panel, the glide and hold buttons sent no information. Thought I was doomed when that happened. I put all of my faith into resetting the globals again and that permanently fixed the malfunctioning - I assume the previous state of the globals was still lingering around.

Very happy to have my model working at full capacity now.  :)
Prophet-5/Prophet-10 / Re: Poly Aftertouch and P5/10 rev 4
« Last post by Analog Prophet on Yesterday at 02:18:59 PM »
I agree that you do not need polyAT for every sound, especially because P5/10 can only route it per voice to cut-off frequency.

Huh, can it really not affect LFO amount differently? I know speed would require per voice LFOs, but one would think that the amplitude would still easily be applied on a per note basis, no? I’ve not yet tried polyAT with my Prophet 10 - truth be told, I kind of forgot it supported it. I love it on my Hydrasynth, but it has so many more modulation targets, so its expressive capacity is far more useful - definitely planning to try this when I get home. It’s so strange to me how recently Fatar finally introduced a polyAT keybed - I know the demand is fairly recent, but considering they are known as the company to go for for high quality keybeds, you would think they’d have made one sooner. I wonder if it’s the sort of thing you could upgrade by installing a polyAT keybed.

LFO is normally not per voice as filter, amplifier and envelope generator is, but only some few as controllers.
Have you had any response from sequential or point of sale as I purchased a Trigon 6 in the beginning of January this year and have encountered the exact same issues nothing has fixed it for me as yet , and I too love this synth
It will be god to hear what’s happening with your case
Prophet Rev2 / Re: Rev2 sequencer and arp lag behind the clock.
« Last post by kenaanna on May 27, 2024, 09:00:31 PM »
It seems you're experiencing some timing issues with your Electron Syntakt and Sequentix Cirklon sequencers, where the notes are not quite lining up, causing problems with the groove. It's good that you can compensate for this with the Cirklon by triggering the notes slightly early, but it's frustrating that the Syntakt doesn't have a similar feature. Hopefully the manufacturers can address this kind of timing inconsistency in future updates, as it can be an annoying problem for electronic music production.
The rice purity test for students
General / Drumtraks Repair - How To Get the Numeric Pad Switch Caps Off??
« Last post by Karma180 on May 27, 2024, 07:58:44 PM »
Hi, I am trying to get the Drumtraks switch caps off from the numeric keypad switches. So far out of three attempts, I broke two of the "legs" on the "0" key and on the forward increment key; so I can't continue to pry. Does anyone have any tips? Should I just pry up the top cap buttom, then somehow that gets me better access to the bottom of the cap? Endgame is to remove/replace all 19 switches. I've safely removed the other 7 non-numeric keypad switch caps; they came off easy. But these numbered ones are really giving me grief! : )  Thanks, Karma

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10