Ridding of pesky power cables and ground hum

Ridding of pesky power cables and ground hum
« on: December 25, 2016, 06:34:54 AM »
5 hours per stack of play time. Even got a couple 6v outlets for usb devices. I also use them for my effects pedals and e-drums. Just about anything i dont want to muck with an extra wall wort. A benefit is, no ground loops so absolutely no humm. 6volt, 9 volt, 12 volts, 16volt and 20volt available. Just don't plug it into anything NEG tip pin, or you will be buying voltage regulators and or diodes. Mark your cables should you make one for Neg pin and dont mess up. I assume NO responsiblility for damages. Sitting on the couch with this in my lap and headphones.... SUCK IT IPAD!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:38:12 AM by Shanesplanet »

Re: Ridding of pesky power cables and ground hum
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 08:59:14 AM »
I was searching something like this!Can you give us some links for the power banks?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:30:49 AM by Hannibal Lektra »

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 11:31:38 AM »
How long till power runs out?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
With both he said 10 hours..

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 08:15:22 AM »
I was searching something like this!Can you give us some links for the power banks?
https://www.ravpower.com/ravpower-23000mah-portable-charger-external-battery-charger.html

They aren't cheap, but what is? I have run these numerous times from full to empty and even with the draw of a dsi tempest AND a Prophet8 moudule (simultaneously), it can handle it. A little warm, but no failures yet. WHen I purchased mine, they had a registration card that would up the warranty to 2 years. Ive been using 4 of them for a little over a year now. With that kinda thing going on, it is a little easier to swallow the cost. Did i mention you can also use the tempest wireless with a shure glxd pedal? Yup, i run the pedals on batteries too. Ive also run powered usb hubs from it. I rarely use outlets now. My home has poor power and why bother with that! Pretty good looking batteries and pretty damn tough. The level indicator is pretty accurate, and with 2 of them, I kinda win over the old debate... what happens when your battery is dead?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:24:09 AM by Shanesplanet »

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »
Cool!Can you give us a little bit more details about the voltage settings for Tempest?
They aren't cheap, but what is? I have run these numerous times from full to empty and even with the draw of a dsi tempest AND a Prophet8 moudule (simultaneously), it can handle it. A little warm, but no failures yet. WHen I purchased mine, they had a registration card that would up the warranty to 2 years. Ive been using 4 of them for a little over a year now. With that kinda thing going on, it is a little easier to swallow the cost. Did i mention you can also use the tempest wireless with a shure glxd pedal? Yup, i run the pedals on batteries too. Ive also run powered usb hubs from it. I rarely use outlets now. My home has poor power and why bother with that! Pretty good looking batteries and pretty damn tough. The level indicator is pretty accurate, and with 2 of them, I kinda win over the old debate... what happens when your battery is dead?

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »
 I don't understand your question. The Tempest shows on its casing an input of 15volt and 1.1amps max.  I run the power bank at 16volts.  Yes i KNOW its overpowering it a hair. Trust me, I was very leery to try it. But, in the end, the Tempest regulator seems to be handling the 10% overage without glitches. It MAY be generating a little excess heat, and this MAY reduce the life of the Tempest, i don't know. I do know that I have run it for hours and hours solid playback. I'm testing it as we speak, and its adding up to 440minutes or so of continuous playback on sounds mode, output volume at 75%, per battery, on a 14mos old battery pack.  When i was running the tempest, the prophet AND my push ONE (push 2 is trash!)off one pack at a time, I did see a little dimming of the tempest lights and only about 2-3 hrs use. I wouldnt really recommend drawing as much as that from the pack. ( iirc you can run the pro8 at 12v.. shhhh)  FWIW, I've owned 2 Tempests and both handle 16v so far. YMMV and don't send me a bill if you blow or burn something up.   Side note.. The battery packs don't have an OFF button. You will have to unplug the cable from the pack, it senses when one is inserted. Kinda the only complaint I have, and im a bitchy person. Even so, not a big deal, it will sit for DAYS plugged in with the power bank indicator showing but the Tempest turned off. The solution is to have TWO of them in case one is dead from forgetting to unplug it. LiIon is finicky so its a great thing it has low shutoff and a VERY easy to read meter. Comes with a ton of adapters too. Nope, I dont work for RAV, but i hate almost everything, it's exciting to buy something I don't.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:09:03 AM by Shanesplanet »

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »
You've been very helpful thank you!

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »
I dig it. These packs are sic. Now when I hit the beach I can bring my best friend. Next up...water proofing spray so I can swim with him too...
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »
Fwiw. the DSI tempest bag will BARELY fit the Tempest with 2 of those packs velcroed to the bottom. Also with room for the battery charging adapter, the power cable and a pair of t/s cabes 6' under the front bottom edge. It bulges a tad, but zips up just fine. I assume it will get even looser when its no longer 20 minutes new.