Someone help me out here, am I being dumb or......

Someone help me out here, am I being dumb or......
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:15:40 PM »
Does it just become a fight with the amp envelope all the time to stop the internal distortion?
Literally every patch where i play 4 note chords gets internal distortion. turning the amp env amount down only helps so much and if there is say, a long decay on the filter envelope or the amp, there's always distortion.
This includes presets ive made myself, the factory banks and ones I've paid for.
Had the synth for 8 months and genuinely am close to selling, it just seems ridiculous that the preset sounds have distortion in them, its an 8 voice synth I find unable to play over 2 notes at a time with most pad sounds i like without getting horrific distortion, thought this thing was supposed to be lush.
Anyone have any tips on beating the distortion?
other than changing the amp envelope to a point where it no longer sounds the same

I have the desktop PE on the new voice and firmware
Any help on me not losing faith in this synth would be greatly appreciated
I'm not a novice to sound design, it's just seems like witchcraft how people are able to achieve these lush long decaying pads and keys sounds

Thanks

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Someone help me out here, am I being dumb or......
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:51:13 PM »
You should seldom ever have a problem with distortion on the Prophet '08, and when you do, unless there's something wrong with the instrument, it should be easy enough to resolve.  Go into the Misc Parameters section and, on the first page, turn down the Voice Volume of your patches to about 90.  Together with a lowered Amp Env Amount, this should help you to determine if the unit is sound or flawed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:59:26 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:52:41 AM »
OK, thanks
will try some things, do you reckon another calibration would help?
have only done it once

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
Yes.  At least, it can't hurt.