Control Transpose via MIDI - Prophet-6

Control Transpose via MIDI - Prophet-6
« on: December 30, 2023, 11:58:48 AM »
Hello:

Since the transpose function is global and cannot be stored in a patch, is there a way to send a MIDI CC to set the transpose up or down? I use MainStage and send my program changes via MIDI to the P6, but on some patches I need to transpose up two octaves and have to remember to do that manually for a given song. I play the patches directly on the P6, not from another controller in my rig, otherwise I could transpose in MainStage. I'm playing a lot of 80's material and the workload can get a bit complicated during a show.

I dug thru the MIDI implementation in the manual and did not see a way to control transpose via MIDI CC or maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Control Transpose via MIDI - Prophet-6
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 11:23:38 AM »
Why not make another variant of each patch that has the octave transposition baked in and just send the PC for the appropriate variant when you need it?
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

Re: Control Transpose via MIDI - Prophet-6
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 02:47:59 AM »
Hello:

Since the transpose function is global and cannot be stored in a patch, is there a way to send a MIDI CC to set the transpose up or down? I use MainStage and send my program changes via MIDI to the P6, but on some patches I need to transpose up two octaves and have to remember to do that manually for a given song. I play the patches directly on the P6, not from another controller in my rig, otherwise I could transpose in MainStage. I'm playing a lot of 80's material and the workload can get a bit complicated during a show. basketball stars

I dug thru the MIDI implementation in the manual and did not see a way to control transpose via MIDI CC or maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!
Try making one patch with the octave transposition and having the PC request it instead of making two?