Split mode when turning on my OB-X8

Split mode when turning on my OB-X8
« on: May 03, 2024, 12:44:52 AM »
Hello everyone, I am a happy owner of an OB-X8 desktop module. Since yesterday, when I turn it on it does so in Split mode, unlike how it did previously, which was in normal mode. It's a bit annoying. I have searched for information about it, on the web and in the manual, but I have not found anything that tells me how to correct this behavior. I would appreciate some help. Kind regards!

Re: Split mode when turning on my OB-X8
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 04:16:20 AM »
Hello everyone, I am a happy owner of an OB-X8 desktop module. Since yesterday, when I turn it on it does so in Split mode, unlike how it did previously, which was in normal mode. It's a bit annoying. I have searched for information about it, on the web and in the manual, but I have not found anything that tells me how to correct this behavior. I would appreciate some help. Kind regards!
Is it not simply turning on at a different patch from last time?

You set the startup patch by losing the patch you want then entering and exiting the globals menu.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 10:48:32 AM »
Hi Quatschmacher, thanks for your response. No, I normally work in normal mode, not in Split, and until two days ago it turned on in normal mode and in a patch. Now it always does it in Split mode. I haven't touched anything the globals menu to change its behavior. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand your indication, is there a way to select the startup mode and patch? Which? Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 12:07:33 PM »
Regardless of whether you are on a Split/Double, or single program, pressing GLOBAL will make that program or pair of programs the default at power on.

I hope this helps! All current Sequential and Oberheim instruments function the same in this regard.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 06:59:24 AM »
Thanks, it works! Greetings!

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 10:55:12 AM »
 :)
Sequential | Oberheim