Prophet 5/10 Rev 4 discount

Prophet 5/10 Rev 4 discount
« on: April 06, 2024, 03:26:47 AM »
Recently the prophet 5 rev 4 price was lowered to 3K. The prophet 10/rev 4 was lowered to $3,500.
Was wondering 🤔 why the new price. Was also wondering how long this might last . Does anyone know ?

LPF83

Re: Prophet 5/10 Rev 4 discount
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 03:59:54 AM »
Recently the prophet 5 rev 4 price was lowered to 3K. The prophet 10/rev 4 was lowered to $3,500.
Was wondering 🤔 why the new price. Was also wondering how long this might last . Does anyone know ?

I have no direct knowledge that relates to discounts specific products, but I have observed that this isn't just a Sequential thing.  Recently, I've noticed miscellaneous discounts on gear that probably wouldn't have been there 2 years ago, I've seen gear sellers on Reverb more accepting of lower offers, and YouTubers talking about changes to the economy starting to be felt.

Some say it's a combination of factors:   Spending on elastic goods softening due to inflation of non-elastic ones like groceries, layoffs in the news giving pause to spending, etc..    There's another school of thought that says everyone who wants to be working is, and because more people are back to work and busy, they don't have as much time to spend at home with music gear as they did during the pandemic, so the covid related demand spike for music gear is returning to normal ranges, etc. 

Then again, when I see discounts for specific products only, I wonder if it's just a way to make corrections to inventory demand over-projections.  There can be many causes.  I've seen so many fluctuations in synth gear prices since the 80's as a result of various factors that I don't read that much into it any more.  I get the instruments that inspire me when I want them and when personal budget allows.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 07:32:37 PM »
see:    sequential.com/50-years-of-sequential-prophet-promotion

Celebrate 50 Years of Sequential with the Legendary Synth that Started it All.

Sequential’s flagship Prophet-5 and Prophet-10 Rev4 analog synthesizer family is on sale for the first time ever.  Don’t wait another 50 years…  Take advantage of this limited time discount on Prophet-5 (Save $600) and Prophet-10 (Save $900) through the 30th of April, 2024. (US only.)

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 09:47:56 PM »

From my point of view, Sequential is trying to clear out existing inventory of the Prophet 5 Rev 4 and Prophet 10 Rev 4 to make way for new models or revisions. A lower price tag can be a strategic move to attract new customers and boost sales figures, especially during slower periods.