Gated Sequencer in Key Step

Gated Sequencer in Key Step
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:54:37 PM »
Hi guys

Trying to get my head around the gated sequencer in key step mode with soundtower. Can't make any sense out of it, so was hopeful that some of you genius could help me understand... Ive set the sequencer 2 to reset after 4 steps and set every second step to around 80 in value. Then in the mod matrix I've set sequencer 2 to modulate the cutoff, and here's the thing. In my head I thought it would be every second note played that what be filteret the most, but instead its four notes in a row with not so much amount of cutoff and the 4 notes with quite a lot afterwards. For illustration:

Expectations: I.I.I.I.I.I and so on

Reality: IIII....IIII....IIII.... and so on

Hope this makes sense. Looking forward to figuring this out :)

Kind regards Vilhelm

Re: Gated Sequencer in Key Step
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 10:48:22 PM »
It works as expected here.
- try maybe do this at REV2 itself and check parameters become as expected eliminating software editor

I did a Basic Program A to start with
- changed to Gated sequencer
- moved the knob for sequencer to get to seq 2
- moved parameter knob if not already at destination, to destination
- the value is off at this time
- move parameter knob to step 1 to 4 and enter values 88, 0, 80, 0, and step 5 to Reset
- move source modulation knob, up to left, to slot 1, set source to seq 2 and dest to cutoff, value remains 0 for now
- press mode button on sequencer and value until saying keystep

Now pressing keyboard key I hear no difference
- move mod knob to slot 1 and parameter to value of slot 1
- move values down at -40 and below while pressing keys you will here altered cutoff
- this is as expected, every other key press cut filter

Also checked doing direct destination in seq 2 to cutoff, removing mod matrix source from seq 2
- turned filter cutoff down a bit on filter since each value in gated sequencer is positive only
- and also as expected, filter opens every other key press

If you cannot replicate thison REV2, I would do global reset and run calibration or something.

I have a desktop 16 REV2 with firmware 1.2.1 as shippedm using only main outs
- pressing global button fw version will show in display

Note! I notified checking using all 4 outputs from REV2 a couple of weeks ago, and something were different in how voices were allocated. And not setting to multi mode, just default.
- I am not checking with 4 outs now, just mains
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:56:03 PM by Autosynther »

Re: Gated Sequencer in Key Step
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 10:55:05 PM »
Check to make sure you have the latest firmware installed.  (v. 1.2.1)   
https://sequential.com/updating-prophet-rev2-os/

Note: There was an issue with correctly advancing Key Step in stacked patches in previous versions of the firmware. 

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Soundtower editor... from the looks of the screen shots, it looks different than in mine...  On yours the RST indicators at the top of each step look like they are activated... whereas on mine, they are dimmed when its not a Reset step.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral