No more firmware ?

No more firmware ?
« on: February 11, 2024, 08:29:20 AM »
It's been a while since the latest firmware.
What's the status of the current P5/10 firmware. Is it bug free or considered as definitive ?

I suppose some extra features are still being desired, IMHO a proper transpose function for this wonderful keybed would be great.

Re: No more firmware ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 12:18:17 PM »
It's been a while since the latest firmware.
What's the status of the current P5/10 firmware. Is it bug free or considered as definitive ?

I suppose some extra features are still being desired, IMHO a proper transpose function for this wonderful keybed would be great.
I was wondering the same thing. This 2.04 BETA still isn't official firmware and the Geosynths webpage for his patches says there are bugs with this version. I wonder when that 2 year old BETA will be made final with bugs fixed.

g3o2

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 02:39:02 PM »
I have the impression that firmware development has become slow with Sequential. Certainly a matter of resource allocation. From here, I don’t expect any more feature updates for the rev 4 but rather some bug fixes. Beyond global page 3, there simply seems not much room left to add any meaningful button combos for new features.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 04:08:40 PM »
I have the impression that firmware development has become slow with Sequential. Certainly a matter of resource allocation. From here, I don’t expect any more feature updates for the rev 4 but rather some bug fixes. Beyond global page 3, there simply seems not much room left to add any meaningful button combos for new features.
I think there’s still a bit of room left. I sent a few fully fleshed out UI proposals for stuff like octave transpose of the whole synth and per-part transposition in split/layer a while back, and a couple of other things I can’t recall.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 05:56:36 AM »
My wishlist :

I would like to have the ability to "balance" between "out-of-tune" voices and "filters-sagging" on the Vintage button.
As it is now it's to much "filter-sag" witch is something I dont recognize on my old P-5 Rev.2
Detuned voices on the other hand ....  Oboy ...   ???

And then I would like to have negative values on the Envelope.   :)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X