Record sequence in realtime

Record sequence in realtime
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:56:17 AM »
Hi all, I love my Rev2 but have never bothered much with the polyphonic sequencer because I find it cumbersome to enter ties/rests manually. I recently purchased a Roland S-1 and realized how much I love being able to create a sequence by playing in realtime and having the unit record what I’m doing.

Is there any possible way I’m missing this capability in the Rev2? Essentially just turning on the MIDI clock and playing a sequence live and having the Rev2 record that into the sequencer?

Re: Record sequence in realtime
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 01:05:54 PM »
Hi it will record notes real-time but not rests or ties.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 05:02:12 AM »
Think of it this way: the poly sequencer is a step sequencer which can trigger one to six notes per step. It does not record the timing as you enter notes; on playback, each step takes the same amount of time (though a step can be a tie or a rest).

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 03:46:03 AM »
Hi all, I love my Rev2 but have never bothered much with the polyphonic sequencer because I find it cumbersome to enter ties/rests manually. I recently purchased a Roland S-1 and realized how much I love being able to create a sequence by playing in realtime and having the unit record what I’m doing. flappy bird

Is there any possible way I’m missing this capability in the Rev2? Essentially just turning on the MIDI clock and playing a sequence live and having the Rev2 record that into the sequencer?
The poly sequencer is a step sequencer that can trigger one to six notes per step. It doesn't record the time when you type a note; on playback, each step takes the same amount of time. Take notes in real time without stopping or binding.