Prophet 10 REV4 switches issues

Prophet 10 REV4 switches issues
« on: December 09, 2023, 02:50:09 PM »
This July I purchased Prophet 10 REV 4. But unfortunately I found that one switch is not working well. I contacted technical support and they confirmed that the switch is faulty and needs to be replaced. I used the return period and returned the instrument to the seller. I purchased Prophet 10 from another seller 14 days ago. Unfortunately, I found that once again on this piece, one switch does not work flawlessly. Does anyone have a similar experience?

I have to say that this is a big disappointment for me. Such an instrument and for such a price should also have adequate quality components.

drew_n

Re: Prophet 10 REV4 switches issues
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 04:28:23 PM »
This July I purchased Prophet 10 REV 4. But unfortunately I found that one switch is not working well. I contacted technical support and they confirmed that the switch is faulty and needs to be replaced. I used the return period and returned the instrument to the seller. I purchased Prophet 10 from another seller 14 days ago. Unfortunately, I found that once again on this piece, one switch does not work flawlessly. Does anyone have a similar experience?

I have to say that this is a big disappointment for me. Such an instrument and for such a price should also have adequate quality components.

The switches are supposed to be self cleaning. Exercise the switch for a while and see if that solves it.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 05:27:30 PM »
Which switches didn't (and don't) work?

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 07:36:42 PM »
I know about the self-cleaning of the switches and of course I tried them, but it is not dirt in the switch. In the first case, it was the saw wave button in oscillator one. In the current piece, it's the button to switch the keyboard track of the filter. The switch reacts differently when pressed in different parts of it. If I press it at the bottom, I have to press it all the way to the panel for it to click and it doesn't always switch. In the upper part, it switches normally, but when pressed, something like a double click is heard. It just works differently than others. With the other switches, it doesn't matter where or how hard I press them.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 02:37:21 AM »
Okay.
Sometimes buttons/switches don't work because a cable was left under them when closed. It happened to my REV2 and Sub37.
Not sure if that's the case for you.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 11:45:55 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't know what the switch looks like inside. But I believe there is a microswitch that works normally. But the problem is in the mechanical part that creates the mechanical response of the switch. In the lower part of the button, the resistance when pressed is minimal, but the switch must be pushed down enough to press the microswitch. The response at the top of the button is completely different and is the same as all the other switches. Simply put, the response of the switch depends on where and how hard I press the button.