P10 rev 4 and SCI Pro-One

P10 rev 4 and SCI Pro-One
« on: October 21, 2023, 08:55:51 AM »
Hi.
Hooked up my P1 to the P10 via CV/Gate.  Works fine except no glide.  Turning it up on either keyboard has no effect.  Pitch and mod wheel on the P10 also no effect.

Is this a bug or is some setting not right?

Model D reissue is usually controlling the P1 via CV/ Gate.  Glide knob from the D turns glide on the P1 fine.  Can't recall what pitch and mod wheel does.  (D is in the shop)

Thanks, Mike
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D

Re: P10 rev 4 and SCI Pro-One
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 10:11:23 AM »
Hi.
Hooked up my P1 to the P10 via CV/Gate.  Works fine except no glide.  Turning it up on either keyboard has no effect.  Pitch and mod wheel on the P10 also no effect.

Model D reissue is usually controlling the P1 via CV/ Gate.  Glide knob from the D turns glide on the P1 fine.  Can't recall what pitch and mod wheel does.  (D is in the shop)

Thanks, Mike

I've been looking for an excuse to hook the Pro One and P5 up, so thanks! But yeah - neither glide nor pitch/mod wheels seem to be affected by CV/Gate, alas...

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 10:31:42 AM »
Thanks 👍

Need to ask Sequential about adding this.

🧐
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 07:02:16 PM »
Hi.

Thanks, Mike

This is pretty par for the course on controlling any synths via CV/Gate. I'm actually surprised that the Moog adds glide to it's CV pitch output I've never seen a single synth do that before. Very few old Rolands like the 101 or promars will apply their internal glide to incoming CV pitch but even that's unfortunately rare. Mod wheel you're not gonna have any luck without midi on that one. You'll have to use the pro ones own mod wheel. Tbh it's worth getting the turbo cpu midi kit for the pro one if you have a tech who can install. That would solve all your needs.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 05:17:45 AM »
Im not 100% sure of what I’m here saying, but as I understand it from how to add glide to modular synths:

The glide is achieved by slopes in the voltage stream. It can be done either by the controller or as a slope/ramp/glide module before the oscillator at the synth. To stabilize notes from an analog step sequencer a quantizer module is helpful to quantize to the steps of a musical scale.

If there is no quantizer for the pitch at the input of the P10, and I have hard to believe there has been added a such, glide would be possible if the controller sends glide.