change default program back to most recent on startup

change default program back to most recent on startup
« on: August 31, 2022, 09:09:43 AM »
Hi all.

I must have accidentally selected a specific patch to load on startup. I'd like to change the most recent program to load on startup. How can I return to that setting?

thanks!

Blake

Re: change default program back to most recent on startup
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 10:00:52 AM »
Navigate to the patch you want, press Globals twice.

(Whatever patch you’re on when the global menu is entered becomes the one that loads at startup.)

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 03:02:36 PM »
Yes I understand how to select a new default program. I am trying to change it so that it simply loads whichever patch was on when the synth powered down. This is how it worked until I accidentally selected a default program (by accidentally pressing "Global" twice)

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 11:54:59 PM »
Yes I understand how to select a new default program. I am trying to change it so that it simply loads whichever patch was on when the synth powered down. This is how it worked until I accidentally selected a default program (by accidentally pressing "Global" twice)

A “default” program is an “init patch” and that is selected by pressing Write+Preset.

This is different from choosing which program loads at startup.

Choosing which program loads at start up is done by pressing Globals twice when you’re on the patch you want. There is no other way. The synth does not and never has remembered what patch was last loaded in memory at the point of power-off. It was just a coincidence that you were on the patch that had been selected by Globals the few times you’d powered down.

If you want to achieve what you’re talking about, simply press Globals twice immediately before you power off the synth, then whatever patch you were on at that point will load next time you turn it on.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 12:19:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Interesting! So it was just my imagination, huh? Tell me...just out of curiosity, when the Prophet comes from the factory, which program loads when you startup?

Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 01:17:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Interesting! So it was just my imagination, huh? Tell me...just out of curiosity, when the Prophet comes from the factory, which program loads when you startup?

Thanks.

I can’t remember but I’d suspect it’d likely be patch 111.