Feature Request: Expand Unison options

Feature Request: Expand Unison options
« on: August 02, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »
Loving my new P-6, but one thing that's a mild disappointment is not being able to stack 2 or 3 voices and then play them with limited polyphony. So for example, setting unison to 2 voices and playing 3 voice polyphony, or setting unison to 3 voices and playing 2 voice polyphony.

I used to have an Akai that could do that (they called it "dual mode") and it was a pretty great feature. If that's something that can be added to the P-6 through firmware upgrade it would be awesome.

But overall I'm really happy with it -- thanks for the great synth.

Re: Feature Request: Expand Unison options
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
That would be really nice!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:01:13 PM »
The Deepmind12 has this feature. 👹
(2) P6 Desktops, Prophet VS Rack, P10 Desktop, OB6 Desktop

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »
This feature would be decent, but I'd prefer a proper detune for unison mode.  Using the "slop" knob isn't really the same thing...with heavy slop, none of the voices are in-tune, nor is the average of the voices are in-time, nor is the amount of in-tuneness consistent with time.  At least, that's what my ear says. 

I'd be very content with re-purposing the "slop" knob to be a more normal "detune" knob for unison mode.  It would push half the voices high and half the voices low.  Different voices would be pushed by differing degrees to get a nice spread.  Something akin to this:

http://synthhacker.blogspot.com/2013/04/polysix-adding-detune.html

I'd also really like unison mode to have the different voices be assigned different glide rates.  This is how all the old analog synths behaved...not on purpose...but just due to the natural variability in the capacitors used in each voice's glide/portamento circuit.  And it sounded absolutely fantastic.   Here's a demo of what I'm talking about:

http://synthhacker.blogspot.com/2013/04/portamento-voice-spreading-from-monopoly.html

With the P6, every voice has exactly the same glide rate.  It sounds quite boring by comparison.

Chip