Help with Stack mode

Help with Stack mode
« on: April 08, 2022, 07:23:57 AM »
Hey guys!

I am trying to figure out how bi-timbrality work with the rev2. Let's say I have a patch in which, Layer A is bass and Layer B has a pad.

I have connected output A(L) and output B(L) in two separate channels on my mixer, as if I had two different synths.

When in stack mode, output B is playing the pad as expected. However, output A is playing both the bass and the pads.

This does not happen in Split mode, where output A is playing the bass and B is playing the pad.

I can't seem to find a solution. Is this standard behaviour?

Rev2 version 1.2.0

Re: Help with Stack mode
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 10:14:49 AM »
I think the key here is that you need something plugged into Output B(R) (even if the other end not plugged in to anything).
At least that is the setup that I got to work as you intend.

BTW, in your setup, I actually experience Stack as expected, but Split mode has Layer A in Output A, and Layer B in both Output A and Output B.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:01:17 PM »
This might not be the most holistic solution for your needs...  but one potential workaround, if you want the two layers to collapse to mono and go out two 1/4 cables:

You can set up a mod slot on each layer to hard pan them Left/Right, and just use the main stereo outputs:

Set Pan Mode: FIXED   on both layers

LAYER A:  Mod Slot:
Source: DC
Amount: -32 (Pan Hard Left)
Destination: PAN

LAYER B:  Mod Slot:
Source: DC
Amount: + 32  (Pan Hard Right)
Destination: PAN

Route the two 1/4 in cables out the main stereo outputs... but they will act like individual mono outs for the layers.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 06:02:52 PM by creativespiral »

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 06:07:33 PM »
Hello Millisec

I’ve come across this problem, too. It drove me crazy, as live I use two layers separately, each in mono. Here’s what I found (excuse my French, I’m from there) :

- For dual mono, the easiest solution is to activate multimode and put a cable in layer A output (left) and the second one in layer B but in the right output instead of the left.

If you stick to multimode, this should work flawlessly, either in split, stack or individual.

But I couldn’t use multimode myself, as I use program change live and it’s a bit of a pain in the **ss in that mode (that’s another subject).

- With multimode off, you’ll have to select either stack or split to get the sounds properly separated. If none of these buttons are selected, layer B sound will sometimes jump (each 4 or 8 keypress) in the wrong output.

I think it has to do with the 16 (8+8) or 8 (4+4) voices being distributed across layers.

Hope that will help, as few people talked about this. Looks like everyone wants their REV2 to be wide and stereo, but on stage for me, mono rules !