newb question - A/B split

newb question - A/B split
« on: February 07, 2022, 04:46:23 PM »
I can't seem to find away to balance volumes on a split program.  Like the right side may be too loud and I'd like to bring it down a notch or two.  I've looked in the manual to no avail.  Perhaps I can't read one anymore.

But if anyone cares to share I'd appreciate finding out what I'm not doing right.  Thank for any help.
I am a deeply superficial person...

Re: newb question - A/B split
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 06:42:46 PM »
Click Misc Params button under the screen - you can adjust Program Volume there.   Click Edit Layer B and then you can edit Layer B volume.   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 03:38:57 AM »
As CreativeSpiral wrote, it is in misc, last parameter. I find it one of the worst design choices of the rev2 that there is no direct button for the layer volume. You can achieve something more or less close to changing a layer's volume directly by changing the amp env amount, but if you have velocity in the layer, you should also adjust that one. Also, in many cases, this will change the character of the sound to some degree.

The layer volume, as controlled in misc, can actually be controlled through an NRPN message, so you could control it with an external midi-controller. I still plan to do so, but still didn't find out what is the easiest way. Can anyone maybe give a short description of his/her setup for doing so? I would be most interested in achieving this with a small midi controller or phone app.

maxter

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »
The layer volume, as controlled in misc, can actually be controlled through an NRPN message, so you could control it with an external midi-controller. I still plan to do so, but still didn't find out what is the easiest way. Can anyone maybe give a short description of his/her setup for doing so? I would be most interested in achieving this with a small midi controller or phone app.

I agree, about the volume knob missing...

What is "easiset" to you? Some mean not having having to plug a lot of cables. You can setup a WIFI MIDI network with RTP-MIDI, so you don't have to connect the controlling iPad by wire. Wireless editing from the iPad to the Rev2.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 06:37:44 AM »
That is a good question :)

I use my rev2 as a standalone instrument for live performing/rehearsal with my band, have no midi connected whatsoever. I would prefer to connect a small two-knob midi-box (if such a thing exists) or my iPhone (or any other phone) with two sliders to the midi port. (or USB, if that is also an option, I am really inexperienced with midi)

maxter

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 08:51:39 AM »
Then, I'd say the cleanest setup would likely be a Bluetooth Midi device, such as CME WIDI Master or similar, there are a couple manufacturers producing such a device. And then any cheap, old, disregarded iOS device capable of connecting via Bluetooth, like an old iPhone.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 01:10:46 AM »
Thanks Maxter, I'm gonna try to set that up (after ordering a bluetooth-midi connection). I think I once installed midi designer on my iphone. Hope that will work.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 02:18:33 AM by skipgilles »

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 01:54:52 PM »
Click Misc Params button under the screen - you can adjust Program Volume there.   Click Edit Layer B and then you can edit Layer B volume.

Excellent!  Thank you

Thanks to all for responses
I am a deeply superficial person...