The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

Re: Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #1000 on: October 25, 2019, 04:47:50 AM »
Seems like a hardware issue..Have you contacted support?
Hello - I just got my Tempest (actually my second attempt, first was in 2012), and this thread has been helpful in tracking down known issues.  I have experienced some odd behavior with two of my encoders: the "soft" encoder second from the left above the screen, and the Shape/Sample.  Turning clockwise works as expected, but turning counter-clockwise doesn't respond as expected (compared with other encoders) to turns at moderate speed.

Is this a software or hardware issue?  And if hardware, suggested course of action given I just bought it would be much appreciated!

« Reply #1001 on: October 25, 2019, 04:50:13 AM »
Never bothered working with loop screen myself but are you able to reproduce it with a new project?Are you using the Playlist function?
Hello!
Another fresh Tempest buyer reporting here. It seems that the previous two fellows did not succeed in getting any help. Neverthleless, I have no better way than to try. I would like to ask, if anybody did encounter similar issue, or if the problem is concerning solely my Tempest. Having scanned through the forum, I did not find any mention of similar issue.

I have came across an objectionable behaviour of the machine while using the Loop Screen feature in the Events Screen. The Loop Screen function sometimes works as it is intended. However, usually while the Loop Screen is enabled, the sound disappears completly. The sequencer still visually seems to work and the machine reacts normally though. After turning the Loop Screen off, the sound returns. The more severe problem which occurs sometimes while I try to loop the screen is that the Tempest freezes totally. Than turning the machine off is the only remedy.

Needless to say, the Loop Screen function is useful for beat programming and to me it seems necessary for using the Tempest to its full potential. I am looking forward to Your reply, cheers!

van

design or bug?
« Reply #1002 on: November 07, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »
when I try to control the lfo speed ( in sync mode! ) with some modulation ( mod matrix, or slider), then nothing happens..
is this known? can someone reproduce it?

« Reply #1003 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
New to Tempest...
Frustrated by the playlist live record bug... a big fonction described in the manual !...no way ?

« Reply #1004 on: November 26, 2019, 05:52:39 AM »
If the playlist function is important for you then you can downgrade to the legacy OS 1.4.5.14 found here (https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,586.0.html) at the bottom of the 1st post after you logged in..The bug compromise of this version is this:
"Fixed Bug: sync issues when loading sounds live via the pad menu
PLEASE NOTE: alphabetization of the sound menus in live sound loading removed on 1.5.0.2 as it was causing sync issues during playback.  We looked into alternative fixes which would preserve the menu's ordering, however, we did not have adequate code space to do so."
New to Tempest...
Frustrated by the playlist live record bug... a big fonction described in the manual !...no way ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:55:06 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #1005 on: December 04, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »
Never bothered working with loop screen myself but are you able to reproduce it with a new project?Are you using the Playlist function?

I was not using the Playlist. The issue was persistent also with a new project, unless it is in 4/4 time signature.
I have contacted with the support and i turned out that is a bug. I have been advised to downgrade the OS in order to solve the problem - unfortunately, it didn't help at all. Therfore, it seems the Tempest is not fully functional in the field of odd time signatures, although being theoretically able to play them.
Unfortunaltely, programming odd time beats was what I had in mind when buying the Tempest.
Such an disappointment… I have immediately happened to like the sound and interface of the Tempest. However, it turned out to be useless to me in order to realise my musical ideas in a  way.
In the end, the Tempest went back to the shop.

« Reply #1006 on: December 04, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »
I wasn’t referring to you about the playlist this was a reply to PMAUDIO..Now that you’ve mention it I recall a bug with loop mode that must be it..Sorry it didn’t worked out for you..As for odd times i must have a project lying around here..

I was not using the Playlist. The issue was persistent also with a new project, unless it is in 4/4 time signature.
I have contacted with the support and i turned out that is a bug. I have been advised to downgrade the OS in order to solve the problem - unfortunately, it didn't help at all. Therfore, it seems the Tempest is not fully functional in the field of odd time signatures, although being theoretically able to play them.
Unfortunaltely, programming odd time beats was what I had in mind when buying the Tempest.
Such an disappointment… I have immediately happened to like the sound and interface of the Tempest. However, it turned out to be useless to me in order to realise my musical ideas in a  way.
In the end, the Tempest went back to the shop.