Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports

RobH

Re: Tempest Main 1.4.5.14 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #840 on: July 16, 2017, 07:06:28 AM »
Can a note only be held a maximum of 3and a half bars? I'm trying to have a note play full 4 bars but its only playing 3.5bars then stops, this is with max note duration in adsr mode, surely a duration of 254 should be a full 4 bars no?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:10:28 AM by RobH »

« Reply #841 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:13 AM »
How about ADSR or kinda drone it?Check last tip on 1st post on the sound design thread ;-)
Can a note only be held a maximum of 3and a half bars? I'm trying to have a note play full 4 bars but its only playing 3.5bars then stops, this is with max note duration in adsr mode, surely a duration of 254 should be a full 4 bars no?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:10:54 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • home®ecords label.
« Reply #842 on: July 16, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
Thank you for all!

Social cue from 2nd photo

https://soundcloud.com/wroclawskidrumandbass/hypnotic-spheres-new-horizons

Dear DavidDever, how did you find this track? By my picture? :)

This is my production from the newest project "Hypnotic Spheres" and this instrumental was also recorded on the DSI Tempest. :))

Big up!!!

btw. issues resolved.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:13:11 PM by deepminddark »
Tempest for life.

RobH

Re: Tempest Main 1.5.0.2 and Voice 1.5 - Bug Reports
« Reply #843 on: July 21, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »
Wow fuck alphabetical order if the T remains like this being able to load sounds in without ANY sync issues, its glorius!!! Makes the whole damn machine feel so much better when there is no off lags when you turn a pot u know!!! +1

« Reply #844 on: July 22, 2017, 01:12:05 AM »
thank you for fixing that one carson!!! very grateful

RobH

« Reply #845 on: July 24, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »
When i am in event view and in 4th or 8th view it does not track properly, the beat plays correctly and keeps time but the event follower seems to move slower than the actual time shown by the counter and is behind with some erractic jumping, if i change up to 16th view all of a sudden it seems to be tracking properly and keeps properly in 32nd too.

I am taking clock from DAW and everything seems to be working properly other than the graphic event follower being off.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:14:36 AM by RobH »

RobH

« Reply #846 on: July 25, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »
Anyone else seeing this error in the event list follower? Is it a known issue?

« Reply #847 on: July 26, 2017, 06:09:28 AM »
Hi guys,

For some reasons, I have not used my tempest since 2015.

I would like to know what is the last (and most stable) OS version I have to download.

I think that the last update I made was the 1.4 Main OS version.

Please, Could someone update me ? and where are the links to download ?

Many thanks,

Ben

« Reply #848 on: July 26, 2017, 06:23:22 AM »
Wow very long time indeed Ben!Tempest has come a long way since then..You should definitely update to the latest beta 1.5.0.2 found at the bottom of the first post here:
http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,586.0.html

Hi guys,

I would like to know what is the last (and most stable) OS version I have to download.

Many thanks,

Ben

bozo

« Reply #849 on: July 26, 2017, 09:11:06 AM »
Hi guys,

Many thanks,

Ben
dont forget to do both os's, main and voice.
save all your work first
some sounds and patterns wont be the same, you'll probably have to twerk them, lfos, voice stealing algo changes etc etc
links are here on this site in the sticky thread just below this
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:15:16 AM by bozo »

« Reply #850 on: July 26, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »

[/quote]
dont forget to do both os's, main and voice.
save all your work first
some sounds and patterns wont be the same, you'll probably have to twerk them, lfos, voice stealing algo changes etc etc
links are here on this site in the sticky thread just below this
[/quote]

Thanks for your quick answer..

I would like to start something new on my tempest so I don't care about all my previous works..

I noticed also that my oscillators are a bit detuned. Do you think, it's a good idea to :

1) Install the new Main and Voice OS
2) Reset all the parameters
3) Recalibrate OCSs (Do I have to calibrate OSCs ?)

Thanks again.

« Reply #851 on: July 26, 2017, 10:19:27 AM »
Re-calibrating is definitely worth it.

« Reply #852 on: July 26, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »
Thank you guys ;)

RobH

« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
So I'm the only one whos event follower isn't following correctly?

HT

« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2017, 10:50:58 AM »
Not used DAW as the clock source myself but Event screen is updating fine using the Tempest as source.

« Reply #855 on: July 28, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »

Hi RobH,
Event follower doing as you describe under 1.4.5.14 and slaved, but can it be classed as affecting the Tempest’s 'essential' operation?

As you said, everything is working properly and it seems to be just visual.

I am taking clock from DAW and everything seems to be working properly other than the graphic event follower being off.

RobH

« Reply #856 on: July 28, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »

Hi RobH,
Event follower doing as you describe under 1.4.5.14 and slaved, but can it be classed as affecting the Tempest’s 'essential' operation?

As you said, everything is working properly and it seems to be just visual.

I agree, however, the event follower operates fine under 16ths and 32nd, just not 4th and 8th, so its not one line of code that is just wrong, something inherent somewhere is not right and it could be the sign of an underlying issue someplace else, I just wanted to check i wasn't the only one seeing this error.

If DSI check it and says its just graphical thats fine, i agree its not worth much thought, i'd hate not to bring it to their attention though.

« Reply #857 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »
Other issue which i found is according to changing sounds on the pads.

Try to do this:
1. Push A1, set (for example) User 2 folder / Sound X
2. Push A2, set (for example) Misc folder / Sound X
3. Go back to A1 and try to change your sound on this pad
4. Go back to A2 and try to change your sound on this pad

*Please do these steps using knobs under OLED Display.

As you can see, folders sound changed to other with other sounds. On my tempest it’s Perc folder with first sound on the list.

How it's working on your side?

Video attached below:

This is an old bug that was fixed in BETA 1.4.2.1b, so if it has resurfaced in the latest BETA it would be nice to see it fixed again.  As someone who auditions sounds live onstage, it's often little details like this that can prove the most disorienting.  And we fought really hard to get this addressed originally, so if it could be amended before the release of OS 1.5, that would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Main OS 1.4.2.1b

1.  Fixed bug: In the 16 Sounds / Pads screen, the sounds displayed when the Load Sounds soft knob was turned were not alphabetized.
2.  Fixed bug: If a pad containing an ADSR sound was held during record for more than the maximum 255 ticks (about 2 1/2 bars), the recorded duration on playback was much shorter and unpredictable. Now such recorded long durations will always be the maximum 255 ticks long.
3.  Fixed bug: If the Arpeggiator and 16 Tunings were on while using an ADSR sound during record, the recorded notes should have durations equal to the Quantize setting, but they were twice as long.
4.  Fixed bug: If the Arpeggiator and 16 Tunings were on while using an ADSR sound, holding multiple tuning pads would result in all but the lowest-pitch pad play with durations shorter than the Quantize value.
5.  Fixed bug: As of the beta release of 1.4.0.15b, in the 16 Sounds / Pads screen, the Sound Folder (soft knob 3) and Sound Type (shift soft knob 3) are independent of each other. However, there were a case in which changing the Sound Folder would still change the Sound Type.
6.  Fixed bug: In Playlists, the maximum 99 steps could be exceeded.
7.  Fixed bug: If 16 Sounds was selected and a Note FX slider's pressure output was used to modulate a single sound, increasing pressure past halfway would switch to a negative modulation level due to a math error.
8.  Fixed bug: If 16 Sounds was selected and a finger was moved on a Note FX slider while the Playback button was off, the slider would affect the playback of recorded notes, which should only occur if Playback was on.
9.  As of the beta release of 1.4.0.15b, the default Save folder in the Save Project screen now defaults to the last loaded project folder, but not the last saved project folder. Now it defaults to the last loaded or last saved project folder.
10.  Fixed bug: In the 16 Tunings / Pads screen, if Roll was on then Soft Knob 2 (Octave) was not displayed.
11.  Fixed bug: If 16 Beats was selected and Beat FX1 slider’s pressure was assigned to BW All Osc Freq (to vary a beat’s overall pitch), light pressure would switch to a high pitch, then as pressure increased would increase the pitch then switch to a low pitch and increase from there to the original pitch. This problem is partly solved. Now a light pressure still switches to a high pitch but increasing the pressure continues increase the pitch.

Cheers!

« Reply #858 on: July 28, 2017, 04:13:47 PM »
Thanks John for continuing to keep track of things!
https://soundcloud.com/the-aural

https://www.facebook.com/auralproductions/

Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x & DX200, Alesis ion, Akai Z4, DSI gear: {Evolver Desktop, Poly Evolver Keyboard, Mopho x4, Tempest}, Waldorf Blofeld & Streichfett, Moog Freqbox, Roland R8 & R8m

« Reply #859 on: July 28, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »
Other issue which i found is according to changing sounds on the pads.

Try to do this:
1. Push A1, set (for example) User 2 folder / Sound X
2. Push A2, set (for example) Misc folder / Sound X
3. Go back to A1 and try to change your sound on this pad
4. Go back to A2 and try to change your sound on this pad

*Please do these steps using knobs under OLED Display.

As you can see, folders sound changed to other with other sounds. On my tempest it’s Perc folder with first sound on the list.

How it's working on your side?

Video attached below:

If this is the state of the tempest with the latest beta then it looks to be back to it's original state. How I got around it.

The tempest will jump to whatever name is on the screen for those pads. So if you have a pad with the name "Lead" or "Snare"  or "Clap" it will load from those folders first. If you change the sound of that pad to another one say replaced the snare sound with a bass sound from the bass folder. You need to change the pad name to Bass to have it start in the Bass folder when you go back to it from other pads etc.

Like in your video. Your pad name is Tamb. A Tamb is a Perc and therefore it will load always from the Perc until the pad name is changed no mater what sound you load in to it. The Clap is also a Perc. So it will load from the Perc folder.