New cheeks!

Sacred Synthesis

Re: New cheeks!
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2021, 08:20:06 PM »
Well, maybe Sequential will soon produce a polyphonic synthesizer based on the Pro 3, with a five-octave keyboard and glorious wooden end cheeks.  Then we'll both be happy!

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 10:45:48 PM »
I'm with you guys on the extra octave.   

4 octaves for Mono/Para synths is ideal.
5+ octaves for poly synths with 5+ voices.

I don't really get the point of skimping an octave from the above listed minimums...  If space saving is really a concern, just make a desktop/rack unit for that demographic, and build these premium synths with player's keyboards.

An octave range for bass notes, with melody spaced 1-2 octaves above... that's pretty standard playing scheme.  I've found that with the Pro3, I end up playing a lot more with D or E key signatures, just because the keyboard constraints... that's actually the thing I miss the most from selling my MatrixBrute... the extra octave.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2021, 11:36:06 PM »

I don't really get the point of skimping an octave from the above listed minimums...  If space saving is really a concern, just make a desktop/rack unit for that demographic, and build these premium synths with player's keyboards.

An octave range for bass notes, with melody spaced 1-2 octaves above... that's pretty standard playing scheme.  I've found that with the Pro3, I end up playing a lot more with D or E key signatures, just because the keyboard constraints... that's actually the thing I miss the most from selling my MatrixBrute... the extra octave.
I’d go for a 4 octave Pro-3. Maybe throw an extra slider on there. Toss in some extra CV outs. Mm hmm!

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 05:16:06 AM »
These wooden end cheeks look amazing - they make the instrument look like a serious synth! (The all-black regular version looks a bit toy-ish to my eyes)

Let me know if you ever decide to sell pre-cut wood cheeks....

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 12:39:25 PM »

The Pro 3's three-octave keyboard is especially surprising, following the Pro 2.  Although four or five are ideal, three-and-a-half would be a tolerable bare minimum.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 06:37:53 AM »
These wooden end cheeks look amazing - they make the instrument look like a serious synth! (The all-black regular version looks a bit toy-ish to my eyes)

I think I've settled on african mahogany.  What do you think?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 06:41:09 AM »
Oh, that's gorgeous.  It looks like a whole new instrument. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:29:29 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 06:54:55 AM »
Personally, I'm never going to take these off and I think it takes the instrument to a new level.  I would like to think some other proud owner would feel the same.

Having designed all of the mounting hardware, used solid/high-quality wood, (happily) hand fabricated and finished (no CNC), it's not certainly without a little bit of work to build them.   But now I've come up with something that I could build fairly efficiently.

While I certainly don't want to upset our Sequential friends, I'm just kind of curious what would kind of value this kind of upgrade would have to someone.  Is this something worth paying for? (hopefully asking this doesn't make me some sort of pariah on the forum).

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 07:58:38 AM »

I think I've settled on african mahogany.  What do you think?

I think it looks great!🙂

bax

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 03:45:47 PM »
Agree; that looks beautiful.  Might very well be interested myself if you do end up deciding to offer these up for sale...

Thanks!
bax

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 02:44:25 PM »
I've got a bunch of extra Tigerwood deck material sitting in my garage... making me think I may need to take on a weekend project and turn my standard into an LE :)

Please do!
and then make a video documenting the process, Hahahaa.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2021, 07:31:44 AM »
I'm surprised no one has offered wood ends for the Take 5.  I think the appearance of that instrument would be greatly improved by a couple of thick wooden cheeks.