WAV2Pro3 Intro & Support

chysn

WAV2Pro3 Intro & Support
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:56:03 PM »
Happy 2021, all you Pro3ers in Pro 3 Land!

I'm excited to introduce WAV2Pro3, an online wavetable generation and sharing platform for the Sequential Pro 3.

This application is not meant to replace Sequential's wavetable generator, but provides an alternative with a different philosophy. Specifically:

(1) WAV2Pro3 designed to use the output of wavetable plugins like Serum, Vital, and others. These tools typically generate a single WAV file rather than multiple WAV files required by Sequential's generator.

(2) WAV2Pro3 can accept wavetables with any number of waveforms. It will automatically evenly (as possible) downsize wavetables larger than 16 waveforms, and it will fill in gaps with linear interpolation if your wavetable contains fewer than 16 waveforms. You can simply export from Serum and upload the resulting file to WAV2Pro3, with no need for additional curating or processing.

(3) WAV2Pro3 allows you to use any number wavetables in a single session.

(4) Like its older brother, WAV2Evolver, WAV2Pro3 encourages sharing your favorite wavetables to a community wavetable library.

If you use Serum or other wavetable editing software, please give it a try!

http://wav2pro3.beigemaze.com/
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: WAV2Pro3 Intro & Support
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 06:22:43 PM »
Awesome. Looking forward to checking this out!

chysn

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 10:40:22 AM »
New Feature

WAV2Pro3 now accepts Pro 3 wavetable sysex files as uploads. This allows you to

(1) Change the wavetable position of wavetables that you've already generated, and
(2) Share existing wavetables without needing the original WAV file
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
New Feature

WAV2Pro3 now generates and accepts direct links to wavetables in the Wavetable Library, for easy sharing to a position of the recipient's choice. Like this:

http://wav2pro3.beigemaze.com/?0bfdbc7df1485061c29d2f8f489fc527
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 02:31:12 PM »
New Feature

WAV2Pro3 may now be used to generate wavetables with a keyboard split point. That is, your wavetable file may contain one wavetable that is active in the lower part of the keyboard range (up to around F#3), and a completely independent wavetable that is active in the upper part of the keyboard range.

I'll post a tutorial of this technique soon.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:33:12 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 12:49:19 PM »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 02:01:31 PM »
Thx for this super tool Chysn !  :-)
Prophet X & Pro 3

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 02:09:10 PM »
I'll post a tutorial of this technique soon.

Please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wprXf7GqsE&feature=youtu.be

Very cool.  Thanks for putting together a tutorial on this!... Definitely gonna experiment with this.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

chysn

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 02:44:35 PM »
Update

WAV2Pro3 is now available at

www.wav2pro3.com

for easier access. The previous URL is, and will remain, valid.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

RAFH

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 03:01:47 PM »
Update

www.wav2pro3.com

Tried visiting the site but got an error saying the site could not be reached. Is it still up , or has it moved ? Thanks!
Sequential Pro-3, Elektron Analog Heat MK2, Elektron Analog RYTM MK2, Elektron Analog Four MK2, Pioneer Toraiz SP-16, Behringer TD-3, 104hp Modular Synth w/Mutable Instruments modules, 48hp Modular FX box with Intellijel Rainmaker and Audio I/O, Eventide H9 MAX

chysn

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 05:16:00 PM »
Update

www.wav2pro3.com

Tried visiting the site but got an error saying the site could not be reached. Is it still up , or has it moved ? Thanks!

Yikes, it looks like the server is down! I'll have to drive out to the colo center tomorrow and see what's up.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 07:32:38 AM »
Update

www.wav2pro3.com

I suspect that somebody inadvertently powered down my server in the shared cabinet. I went to the facility and restarted, and it's back in business
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
New Feature

I've added a new feature to WAV2Pro3, an "Auto (16 Waveforms)" setting under Frame Size. This option simply chops whatever WAV file you upload into sixteen equal parts and generates a wavetable, without regard for wave boundaries. It will interpolate as necessary based on the size of the data.

It's definitely the easiest way ever to create a Pro 3 wavetable. If your file happens to consist of 16 single-cycle waveforms, it'll work just as you expect. Otherwise, anything can happen. I've put in some vocal samples and gotten some cool vocal formant results. It invites experimentation!

"We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."
--Bob Ross
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 10:06:52 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2022, 12:29:04 AM »
Good bless you. Great feature! Thanks.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 06:02:52 PM »
Update

www.wav2pro3.com

I suspect that somebody inadvertently powered down my server in the shared cabinet. I went to the facility and restarted, and it's back in business

The site is down again, any chance we can get it back up?

chysn

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2023, 05:13:36 AM »
The site is down again, any chance we can get it back up?

Yeah, looks like that server is offline. I'll have to go out to Southfield later today.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2023, 01:35:49 PM »
Update:

I was hoping someone simply bumped the power cable like last time. But no, my 17-year-old Sun server is dead. It served me well, years after its parent company was eaten by Oracle.

I have a new VPS environment ready to go, but it’ll take a short time to get everything set up. I’ll check back here when it’s up and running.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 05:58:54 AM »
Update:

Sorry for the delay. The end of the school year has been crazy. I have installed the WAV2Pro3 code on my new server, and it's up-and-running, to some extent. I still need to recover the database of shared wavetables. My backup system assumed that I'd be recovering to the same database version, which is not the case anymore, so I have to install a VM with the right version, then convert it. So a little extra step.

Meanwhile, you should be able to at least create wavetables now.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his